Foxboro Harold B. Clark Town Forest Loop

moderateYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray Star(59)
Harold B. Clark Town Forest

Foxboro Harold B. Clark Town Forest Loop is a 4.3 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Foxborough, Massachusetts that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Distance: 4.3 miles Elevation Gain: 255 feet Route Type: Loop

Park at the trailhead at the end of Forest Street. Start north toward Upper Carpenter Pond then continue to Carpenter Pond. Head west next to the new development area bushwacking over to southbound trail. Head south to Messenger then finish the loop back to Forest Street.

private property

It was a fantastic hike for the exception of the top part of the loop towards west foxboro near the weirdly-shaped body of water without a name as there is a lot of construction going on there. It was a big bummer to encounter so much construction so you’re better off exploring the other trails around there. That was the best part of the trail, having access to other trails in the forest!

Some fallen trees

awesome hike

icy

Tue Sep 04 2018

Great trail and very secluded, which I like. Only ran into one other group while I was out there and it was on a Sunday. The trail can be a little difficult to follow. I had to have the app open almost the whole time to stick to the right track. The loop they have you go on isn't quite the right distance. I had my Garmin watch tracking the distance and it came up short. Granted, I wasn't able to complete the full loop. Because of logging near the top of the loop, the trail gets cut off and difficult to follow, so I had to improvise and cut across. I probably lost about 3/4 of a mile by skipping part of the loop. Even still, my GPS showed about 3.2 miles at the end, which still comes up about a mile short. Other than that, it was a great experience and I would probably go back. Bring bug spray! Also check yourself for ticks frequently throughout the trail and when you get home. There's a lot of low branches and easy for ticks to get on you. I brushed one off my leg halfway through and found a couple more on my dog when I got home. Just be cautious like anywhere else.

Sun Aug 19 2018

The lower half of trails was fine However In general the trails were poorly marked, with lots of brush and logs in the way the trails were not maintained well. We tried to stay on all the red trail markers on the app, and ended up pushing brush out of the way and going over and under logs.

Mon Jul 23 2018

Not a bad hike, but the trails in many places were encroached upon by drooping branches and thorny vines. Maybe that’s just because of the recent rain. . Up by a construction site (?) I had a hard time finding the trail again. Nice that I was able to hike in the middle of suburbia without encountering anybody, and barely even hearing cars most of the time

Mon Jun 25 2018

Great trail, easy to get lost though! Went for what I was expecting a 3 mile walk, ended up need to taking a 6 mile walk and needing to map my way out. Still a nice walk and trail, just make sure you have a sense of direction or phone just in case haha

Mon May 21 2018

It was pretty overgrown in places, but I really enjoyed how secluded it was. I went on Monday morning and I saw no one except for a couple with their dogs at the spot where I parked and a couple of bikers as I was finishing my hike. It also had a good amount of gradients, so I felt like I accomplished something at the end. Bugs were out in droves, so thank goodness for bug spray. I could’ve used a machete to clear a path on several parts of the trail, though...

Wed Dec 27 2017

Parked at the trailhead at the end of Forest Street. Started north toward Upper Carpenter Pond then continued to Carpenter Pond. Headed west next to new development area bushwacking over to southbound trail. Went south to Messenger then did a nice loop back to Forest Street. An awesome time was had by all (me!).