Fork Factory Brook

Fork Factory Brook is a 1.5 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Medfield, Massachusetts that offers the chance to see wildlife and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

historic site

I keep my honeybees on the farm here and took a jog around to check on them and see what forage, if any, might be available now that my friendly farmer has left me. Found lots of cherry blossoms blooming which is great as I think the bees will love these. The trees are in wet areas too so the nectar should be flowing. Say hi to my bees if you're over that way!

Wednesday, September 06, 2017

This is a really nice, quiet area. Adjacent to the organic community farm, this property is managed by the Trustees of Reservations. There is ample parking on the Rocky Woods side of the property, be careful crossing the road as cars come flying by. I keep a few honeybee hives on the edge of this property. It's safe to walk past them just try and stay out of the honeybees flight path. It's nice to walk all the way down to the mill site to see where our ancestors used to make pitchforks back in colonial times. There is also a nice prominent ledge with limited views over the marsh and down toward the farm. A small area but very nice!

Monday, January 02, 2017