Fairhaven Trail Loop

Fairhaven Trail Loop is a 5.4 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Concord, Massachusetts that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs and horses are also able to use this trail.

beach

Hike was lots of fun! Great views of lake and Sudbury river. Lots of people walking dogs too, so that was a plus.

Easy to get to, beautiful trail, need the GPS to navigate.

Just and FYI... since we Didn’t actually get to walk the trail. We were here with our dogs. The trail head/ parking begins at the Walden Pond boat launch. Dogs are not permitted on the portion of Trail from the boat launch parking along the south edge of Walden Pond.

Not super well marked, but I had cell reception during most of it allowing us to follow our loop. My 3 year old walked the majority of the trail!

Fairly easy hike. Pretty quiet and peaceful. Parking is tricky, I parked at Walden Pond where there is a charge and the lot fills up very fast. Hike to the back of Walden Pond, cross the rail tracks and you will be in Wright Woods. Great hike with kids. There are many forks in the trail, as there are several short cuts and those weren't labelled very well.

My friend and I took our horses here on a weekend and we pleasantly surprised. We didn't come across too many people and there was a few places to go down to the river with our horses to get in the water. Some trails which are marked very well were too rocky for the horses to go down but there were alternative routes. There was even a side trail with some homemade jumps to spice things up a little. My horse is tall so some tree branches were a little low for me but they weren't impassable. There are two different parking areas and the one we parked at didn't leave a lot of room for the truck and trailer but we made it work. We will definitely go back.

I love this network of trails! Trails are well-marked, there are well-designed maps available online, & there are plenty of options. Very dog-friendly (be aware that people do drive on the gravel road that goes to the point), nice views along the river.

Friday, April 28, 2017

Loved it!! Trails were great! Got a little lost a couple times, but that always happens the first couple times I check out a new trail! I did use my MapMyHike app and we toke a picture of the maps before heading out which helped us get back on track! All in all I loved it and will be going back!!!

Wednesday, March 08, 2017

Sunday, August 28, 2016

We did make it around the 4.1 miles, but found it difficult to find the right trails because they were marked very poorly. At one point, the trail marker we were following was replaced by a different color one, making it seem like we took a wrong turn. This ended up sending us about .7 miles out of our way. Other than that it was a good hike, with nice views of the Sudbury River and the Fairhaven Bay. We crossed the commuter rail and had a picnic on Walden Pond. Easy to find the parking area using the description on this website.

Monday, August 15, 2016

What a beautiful hike! Amazing view of fairhaven bay

Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Wright Woods is a hidden spot right behind Walden Pond. While Walden Pond can get inundated by locals and tourists to the point where the parking lot shuts down in the summer, most people come for the pond and don't even know about the back trails - just cross the Commuter Rail tracks and you're in a secluded pine forest suitable for snowshoeing, horse riding, running, cross-country skiing... You can walk down to Fairhaven Bay, a very wide section of Concord River which looks like a lake. The area connects to Adams Woods and Mt. Misery to the south. There are many trails in the area, so you can loop around to make your activity as long as you wish.