F. Gilbert Hills State Forest Loop Trail

F. Gilbert Hills State Forest Loop Trail is a 7.1 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Foxborough, Massachusetts that features beautiful wild flowers. The trail is good for all skill levels and offers a number of activity options. Dogs and horses are also able to use this trail.

off road driving

with dee

Have been here a few times. Always a great walk/hike. My dog loves it too!

Amazing trail!! So many options with various difficulties and views.

Clean and easy to get around, trails well marked.

Beautiful area. But the trails were not marked well at all. I saw trail names and colors painted on trees, but not at all intersections. There were a few intersections where we had to just pick a way to go. Went with three other adults and a baby. Do Not Bring a baby carriage unless it’s used in off roading and rough terrain. Lots of hills, but great for a first timer without a baby carriage

off road driving

This is a great place to start off roading. I just started and went there with my buddy and there were some nice mud puddles and some rocky areas... definitely easy but can give you an idea of what you need to get I order to do more difficult off roading trails.

We come here weekly and we love it! Trails are marked and well maintained! You hardly see anyone on the trails, you may pass 2/3 other hikers/bikers. After reading other reviews if you’re seriously complaining about bugs in the woods and off leash dogs in a nearly deserted forsest maybe this isn’t the place for you.

I've been hiking here for probably 15-20 years and have covered most of the trails. I like hiking here BUT there are a few things to take note of. First is that there are a LOT of off leash dogs. My dog doesn't like other dogs, so I can't bring him here because big dogs bounding up to him with no leash scare him. I also run into bikers on the trails that prohibit them pretty often. I also agree with some of the other reviews that it tends to be pretty buggy.

Overall, I agree with most reviews on here, it just depends what things bug you and what things don't. Its pretty well populated so you feel secure but if you're someone who likes secluded hiking, you won't get that until you get back towards route 1 quite a bit. The trails are generally well marked BUT there are a lot of them and they criss cross and overlap a lot so you'll definitely need a map with a marked planned route or a GPS/app to help you out

Tooooo buggy. Started off with all natural bug repellent, did not work. Switched to deep woods Off, did not work. Just ended up turning around. Not to mention the continued Route 1 traffic noise.

Great first time here. Did the green trail. Didn't get lost. Will come back and try the red trail next. Trail markings were good.

Love this place. Nice place to get out in the woods on a regular basis.

Gorgeous hike with many ladyslipper orchids to be spotted along the trails. Some fun, easy bouldering to be found as well. Will be going back to explore further in the very near future!

This is a nice relatively easy trail, yet the 7 mile loop can be very confusing. The trails, although marked, are not very well laid out, and if it wasnt for the Alltrails app and gps, we would have been 'lost several times'. Make sure you have the alltrails app to navigate properly. With that said, we had a fun day with a relatively easy dog friendly hike/walk!

rough terrain in some areas, and some small inclines, but quite pretty and well kept

Love this area. Great for walking the dog & just hiking all the trails. There are so many little trails & a pond of you cross Lakeview road. I've been hiking here for years, often alone (4'11" female) & have never felt in any danger (for the reviewer TM that said women have been assaulted there) I've even locked my keys in my car here & some nice mountain bikers spent about an hour helping me get them out. One of my favorite spots.

Great trails for biking and hiking , very friendly people there definitely coming back for more

Wednesday, January 10, 2018

too many off leash dogs. dogs are supposed to be on leash. the description here says dogs are welcome on trails but does not say they need to be on leash.

Friday, December 08, 2017

Parked at the High Rock parking area and then headed east on the High Rock Road trail. Continued on Messenger then cut into the single track trail and headed south. Wow, impressive property for sure, nice collection of erratics. Found my way over to the Megley Trail then worked my way north back to the AT&T towers and parking lot. I'm coming back!

Saturday, November 18, 2017

Love to walk with my dog!

Thursday, November 02, 2017

wont let me select 1 star. dangerous park. no one enforces leash law. be careful women have been threatened and assaulted at this park.

Sunday, October 22, 2017

Plenty of trails in here
Shelby gives it four paws

Sunday, October 15, 2017

Went here to walk off a hangover. Well maintained trails and good fall scenery. Would have been 4 stars but I witnessed a man passionately finger banging a woman in the trail so: 5 stars.

Saturday, September 23, 2017

First time there! Loved it. Trails are marked in various colors there is a small piece of paper on the bulletin bored near the picnic area at the ranger station. Otherwise it isn't clear what the trails because they don't follow map.

Wednesday, September 06, 2017

beautiful saturday morning hike. It was quiet anf peaceful. There were several cars in the parking lot but I didnt see anyone on my hike. the trails are clean and well maintained. excellant easy morning hike with my dog.

Monday, September 04, 2017

Beautiful , very quiet saw only handful of people

Monday, August 14, 2017

this gets a 3 star because i got lost trails poorly marked watch out easily able to get twist turned and lost but i love trails and being in nature even if i do get lost

Friday, August 11, 2017

nice

Sunday, July 30, 2017

Good picnic area for a barbecue; the trail that follows the lake is very nice!

Sunday, July 16, 2017

Trails incredibly well marked and not buggy at all. Beautiful hike and would be great for beginner hikers and families.