F. Gilbert Hills State Forest Loop Trail

F. Gilbert Hills State Forest Loop Trail is a 7.1 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Foxboro, Massachusetts that features beautiful wild flowers. The trail is good for all skill levels offers a number of activity options. Dogs and horses are also able to use this trail.

off road driving

Gorgeous hike with many ladyslipper orchids to be spotted along the trails. Some fun, easy bouldering to be found as well. Will be going back to explore further in the very near future!

This is a nice relatively easy trail, yet the 7 mile loop can be very confusing. The trails, although marked, are not very well laid out, and if it wasnt for the Alltrails app and gps, we would have been 'lost several times'. Make sure you have the alltrails app to navigate properly. With that said, we had a fun day with a relatively easy dog friendly hike/walk!

rough terrain in some areas, and some small inclines, but quite pretty and well kept

Love this area. Great for walking the dog & just hiking all the trails. There are so many little trails & a pond of you cross Lakeview road. I've been hiking here for years, often alone (4'11" female) & have never felt in any danger (for the reviewer TM that said women have been assaulted there) I've even locked my keys in my car here & some nice mountain bikers spent about an hour helping me get them out. One of my favorite spots.

Great trails for biking and hiking , very friendly people there definitely coming back for more

too many off leash dogs. dogs are supposed to be on leash. the description here says dogs are welcome on trails but does not say they need to be on leash.

Parked at the High Rock parking area and then headed east on the High Rock Road trail. Continued on Messenger then cut into the single track trail and headed south. Wow, impressive property for sure, nice collection of erratics. Found my way over to the Megley Trail then worked my way north back to the AT&T towers and parking lot. I'm coming back!

Love to walk with my dog!

wont let me select 1 star. dangerous park. no one enforces leash law. be careful women have been threatened and assaulted at this park.

Plenty of trails in here
Shelby gives it four paws

Went here to walk off a hangover. Well maintained trails and good fall scenery. Would have been 4 stars but I witnessed a man passionately finger banging a woman in the trail so: 5 stars.

First time there! Loved it. Trails are marked in various colors there is a small piece of paper on the bulletin bored near the picnic area at the ranger station. Otherwise it isn't clear what the trails because they don't follow map.

beautiful saturday morning hike. It was quiet anf peaceful. There were several cars in the parking lot but I didnt see anyone on my hike. the trails are clean and well maintained. excellant easy morning hike with my dog.

Beautiful , very quiet saw only handful of people

this gets a 3 star because i got lost trails poorly marked watch out easily able to get twist turned and lost but i love trails and being in nature even if i do get lost

nice

Good picnic area for a barbecue; the trail that follows the lake is very nice!

Trails incredibly well marked and not buggy at all. Beautiful hike and would be great for beginner hikers and families.

Wednesday, May 24, 2017

great hiking trail! We ventured off on some of the biking trails for a little more of a challenging hike

Saturday, April 08, 2017

We did a random exploration through the state forest that contains many trails for all ages. Dog and mountain bike friendly.

Saturday, April 01, 2017

I like to just get lost in this place. Can be a bit hilly.

Sunday, March 05, 2017

Really nice wide wooded trails. Easy to navigate.

Wednesday, February 08, 2017

a favorite place, many Indian rock sites, the land speaks of them still

Tuesday, January 03, 2017

Really easy trail with several branch-offs if you want to keep it interesting. perfect for a run, snowshoeing or cross-country skiing.

Monday, December 19, 2016

it was very wet and snow going to go back when things dry out seem like a very good trail

Monday, November 07, 2016

Awesome fall hike Did a 5.5 mile loop ending at Sunset Lake with a glass of wine (or a bottle)

Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Nice place to walk several trail options ... Lots of different types of trails all are dirt we went on the pine hill trail a lot of uphill then on the Tupelo trail to granite street and back about 1.5 miles

Sunday, July 24, 2016

I love it! have gone multiple times my boyfriend, his daughter,(7) my nephew, and my self just happened to come upon it when trying to find a lake to swim at.

Monday, June 27, 2016

I did this ride back in 2008 and I absolutely loved it and the single track rock trail was insane.
Trails for all levels