Douglas Forest Wallis Pond Loop Trail

easyYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray Star(276)
Douglas State Forest

Douglas Forest Wallis Pond Loop Trail is a 5.6 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Douglas, Massachusetts that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 5.6 miles Elevation Gain: 288 feet Route Type: Loop

Beautiful hike!

Beautiful!

Good trail, average views, rocky and a nice body of water.

Pretty good trail! A bit of a workout if you take it at a fast pace. Nice views of the reservoir.

very nice hike! better than expected with a waterfall at the bridge

Hiked this Easter weekend. We loved it! Wide paths are conducive to social distancing. Interesting waterfront features on each of the loops.

Trail was easy and mostly flat, lost of sub trails and different loops with no real direction etc... but the trail was great, lots of good nature and beauty..

nice hike

Good trail, very easy to walk with the teens and dog.

Great trail. Took the dog and we had a great afternoon exploring

Very nice, wide paths, multiple bridges. Great for kids and dogs

This is definitely an easy trail, family friendly, and dog friendly. Dogs should be kept on leashes as we met several horseback riders on the trail. The trails are very wide and unblazed. There are road signs at some trail intersections, but not on others It is easy to get messed up without Alltrails gps to help out. The back part of the hike provided some pretty lake scenes. It is a great hike when you have a couple of hours to spend in the woods.

dirt bike w/Andy raining

Easy hike with multiple water views. Looping this trail in a CW direction is easiest; Downhills are steeper, uphills more gradual.

Took a side trail off the parking lot and Wallis Pond Loop trail. 3.2 miles. Very nice, easy hike. One place on Red Pine Trail had a blow down obstruction. Wallis Pond Loop has beautiful views of the pond. On a beautiful Saturday morning, I saw three hikers and one mountain biker, not what I would call moderately trafficked. I expected much more horse manure based on other reviews. There was some, but not all that much. Riders use these trails, but it's not excessive.

I started my hike at the Midstate Trail parking lot on Route 16. Hike was 4 miles instead of 5.6. Very nice hike, quite secluded. On a Sunday morning I saw only two people. Beautiful views of Wallis Pond and Whitin Reservoir. Trail is mostly flat and easy, with just a couple of long, moderate climbs/descents.

Loved it! Tall pines, easy trails, beautiful water! My Vizslas had a glorious time too! We stayed on trails along the reservoir but will be excited to hike “inland” trails next time!

Tue May 28 2019

Nice easy trail. Good for family hikes. Trail in great shape

Sun May 05 2019

I actually got lost at a certain part of the trail. There’s no markers and the trails breaks off a lot. Next thing I know I’m in the middle of the woods. I just followed the map on this app to get back to the trail thankfully. Just so anyone who reads this knows too, it’s recommended to wear bright orange there year round. Even if hunting season is over they are still allowed to hunt there. So make sure you’re wearing a bright vest or something too! Other than that it was a beautiful hike, very fun for my dog and me

Lots of horse poop! Otherwise nice hike

Sun Feb 03 2019

Thu May 31 2018

Great hike with the kids! I pushed a stroller through, which made the hike a bit more challenging, but I needed it to help get my kids through. We'll be back!

Wed May 30 2018

Horse shit. Not the trail itself but there’s literally horse shit everywhere. Trail seemed fun but yeah tons of horse shit.

Fri Mar 16 2018

Been here only once, did not complete the trail. Where is the best place to park. I found a spot, but did not want to stay there long, there is no street parking is there?

Sat Jan 20 2018

It was a beautiful day and it was easy too.