Douglas Forest Wallis Pond Loop Trail

Douglas Forest Wallis Pond Loop Trail is a 5.6 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Douglas, Massachusetts that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

So happy with this trail! Good for a hike or trail run. Only wish the trail markers had arrows for easier navigation.

Fantastic. Trail! Great beach.

Easy hike with kids. Wide paths. We saw spring peepers, a wood frog and a gray tree frog.

Great for small hikes with the little kids!

Love this part of Douglas State Forest. Not very busy and the scenery along the trails is refreshing.

Very nice trail!

Monday, October 17, 2016

Beautiful spot, very quiet and off the grid. Hike with my dog for 3 hours and only saw 6 people, 4 horses. I prefer more narrow trails but the scenery and peacefulness made up for the wide, dirt path.

Monday, October 10, 2016

I took the Bill Annese trail, the trail itself was in great shape. The reason I gave 3 stars was the complete lack of signs of any kind once you left the trail head. There's lots of side trails so it's easy to get turned around.

Sunday, June 12, 2016

We ride our horses there often and know most of the trails. Avoid midstate trails if horseback riding as it's the rockiest. Recommend boots for barefoot horses. We usually ride 6-7 mi from Wallis St or South St parking areas. Deer fly season is when to skip it.

Tuesday, June 07, 2016

There are so many trails to choose from in The park. What we did was the coffeehouse loop and it was great!

Saturday, March 05, 2016

Great easy snowshoe trail. We did not do the whole trail, just the wide flat parts. Wish the trails had better signage.

Monday, October 12, 2015

Beautiful. Easy and a great family day.

Monday, July 20, 2015

Great relaxing trail.

Monday, July 20, 2015

Amazing

Thursday, October 09, 2014

Great trail to hike with your dog. It was pretty easy and the trail was nice and wide. Not a lot of people which was nice, too. Be careful of the horse poo on the outside wider trails. Otherwise, it was a great fall afternoon woodsy walk.

Friday, September 12, 2014

Great trail, easy walking and a great view of Bad Luck Pond

Sunday, June 01, 2014

Just hiked this trail today...absolutely beautiful...as a new hiker and a bilateral amputee this was a perfect start for me :-) highly recommend this for anyone....just watch out for the horse poo though! Enjoy!

Thursday, April 24, 2014

Did the coffee house loop trail 2.2 miles. Easy trail lots of work has been completed on the loop. Trail was 8' wide throughout. Nice walk tons of rocks. I saw 3 deer on my trek. I got to the loop from the Airline Trail which is also a nice hike on the easy side and many different opportunities to loop into other trails. At one point I was on the mid state trail too. Mid state and Coffee house loop trails were marked well. Airline trail is obvious trail wide and straight with minor incline really not difficult to get off this trail. Many great hikes in the Douglas state forest.

Saturday, April 05, 2014

Did the Coffee House loop this morning with my dog. Suddenly blue dots disappeared and I got a little lost. Ended up walking 6 miles, but it was a perfect day for this!

Monday, December 23, 2013