Destruction Brook Woods

Destruction Brook Woods is a 5.1 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near South Dartmouth, Massachusetts that features a great forest setting. The trail is good for all skill levels and offers a number of activity options. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 5.1 miles Elevation Gain: 196 feet Route Type: Loop

Love this trail

Another awesome Sunday afternoon hike with my dog Zane. Perfect conditions

phone died right after i took this picture at the spillway ... then walked back the unmarked trail to the blue trail

the shorter morning walk... from the house and back adds another 0.5mi and about 15 min

so many more (unmarked) trails out there than what are listed on thai app... the only thing this app was really useful for was helping me direct my way back in the general direction from whence i began. ...and marking mileage and time.

Nice easy ride for a hot humid day. Moderate amount of roots but it’s flat and not too difficult. Sourdoughs dung area to get here is very nice, farm lands and woods.

Well marked trails. Hardly rocky. Very flat, smooth with usual elevation rises. Most trails seem to be old farm-cart paths.

Awesome afternoon hike with my dog Zane. Pretty easy terrain with a diversity of trees and a few streams, pounds and verbal pools. Cool spot Mark by a sign where the Wisconsin Glacier cut through. Heard an owl toward the end of the hike when the sun was starting to set.

nice easy walk in woods did the red and green trails about 4 miles

a lot of off leash dogs with no recall.

Thu Oct 11 2018

trails l are all maintained very well

Tue Sep 04 2018

took our dog on this trail. we are new to hiking and it was nice and easy for us. Good length and just challenging enough. beautiful scenery as well

Sun Sep 02 2018

Had a blast!

Sat Aug 25 2018

ATTACKED!!!!!!!! My 10 month old puppy, who was on a leash, got attacked by an off leash yellow lab mix. I said my dog is friendly, older man did not say the same and then proceeded to let his dog run up to mine snarling, growling, biting and pushing him over. When I told the man his dog should be on a leash he said we come here every day. There was a couple with another dog coming into the trails who had seen this man and his dogs before and the dog is notorious for doing the same towards other dogs. Look out for an older man, white, 5’7” with a 2 dogs off leash, yellow and black lab mixes.

Mon Aug 20 2018

Absolutely beautiful

Wed Feb 28 2018

Comfortable

Mon Dec 11 2017

nice easy open trails. bring orange hat for green trail during hunting season.

Sun Oct 29 2017

Great hike. Easy paths. Dense woods. Good for beginners. Some people on bikes. Many people with well-heeled dogs on leashes.

Sat Oct 28 2017

had a lovely hike with the fam, saw a lot of friendly pups and no poop so thanks dog-owners!!! this a fave quick local jaunt for me

Sat Oct 14 2017

Great place to hike with the dog. Nice wide trails and you can take dogs off leash if they are well behaved. Pretty flat and straightforward but very relaxing and quiet.

Sat Sep 02 2017

Very nice trail. Did the red trail easy

Thu Aug 24 2017

love it. it's easy to walk all the trails are nice and we'll marked which is great for listening to music and tuning out while walking. all the trails loop so you can't get lost. also bugs a minor compared to other trails I walk.

Sun Jun 25 2017

Did the green (longer) trail. Very peaceful and serene. Trails are well marked. Did see some interesting birds/insects along the way but otherwise nothing much but quiet surroundings to enjoy. The red trail (shorter one) meets up with the green at the end. This one had some nice water features to see. Overall, this was a nice walk/hike, and I'd do it again when I want to relax in the woods.

Sun Apr 09 2017

Great walk

Mon Mar 06 2017

First time following the green trail...historic and tranquil.

Sun Feb 19 2017

Good hike for me & my dog, really pretty scenery, involving streams, rocks & greenery.

Wed Jan 04 2017

did half the trail and had a great time. varied environments and very clean.

Sun Nov 20 2016

great walk meet lots of folks with there dogs no need to wear orange vest there is no hunting