Daniel Webster Wildlife Sanctuary

Daniel Webster Wildlife Sanctuary is a 1.8 mile loop trail located near Marshfield, Massachusetts and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and walking and is best used from April until October.

This is a beautiful spot!! Great for bird watching.

lots to see here. a great hike without fear getting lost. wonderful for bird watchers. I've seen a large herd of deer bounding across the field now than once!

Friday, September 23, 2016

Sunday, July 17, 2016

nice birding

Friday, April 08, 2016

Great trail – good bridges and markings.

Friday, June 07, 2013

This was a beautiful walk. My wife and I were very pleased with the scenery and wildlife. However, we were less than happy pulling 30+ ticks off ourselves. I will never go here again until after a killing frost or with snow on the ground. 3 dollar fee for non-members.

Friday, May 31, 2013

Great as usual

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Thursday, April 18, 2013

Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Fun, peaceful, birds and white tail deer

Thursday, August 16, 2012

The hiking at Daniel Webster is not strenuous, but pleasant, both in leisure and wildlife viewing. Every season here affords a great opportunity for seeing different birds; white tailed deer are a common sight here. The trail winds through meadows and into red maple swamps, a birch forest, and wet pannes. The hike only takes an hour, but can take up the entire day with all the wildlife viewing opportunities it affords.

Monday, September 20, 2010

My sister and I stumbled upon this trail on our way home from Brant Rock Beach a few years ago right before I went away to college, and since then, we've made it a tradition to return at least once every year. Completely off of the beaten path, it's almost deserted every time we head over to explore, but that's half of its appeal to us. There's multiple trails, bridges, marshes, lots of wildlife, scenic view points- everything! When I look at maps, the actual sanctuary is pretty confined, but when you're there, it feels like it goes on forever.

It's a simple, quick and easy trip (low intensity), but its definitely worth a stop next time you're on your way back from the beach. I recommend it!

(Also: if you're into the 'South Shore Quests,' there is a good one that runs through these trails- you can find out more about those at www.southshorequests.org)