Cape Cod Rail Trail is a 46.9 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near South Dennis, Massachusetts that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for walking, trail running, birding, and road biking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

wheelchair friendly

stroller friendly

beach

paved

rails trails

The Cape Cod Rail Trail follows a former railroad right-of-way for 22 miles through the towns of Dennis, Harwich, Brewster, Orleans, Eastham and Wellfleet. Its paved surface, few hills, and well-marked automobile crossings make it ideal for cyclists. The trail has a wide unpaved shoulder on one side to accommodate horseback riding, walkers, and runners. There are many opportunities to get off the trail and visit a beach.

Very well marked and maintained with some stores and Cafe's within reach during your ride. There are both walkers and bikers sharing the oath which could get busy in populated areas but nothing to stop anyone from enjoying the day. We road from Dennis Bike Rentals to Nickerson State Park and back which was about 18 to 20 miles round trip.

Beautifully paved trail. The last 10 miles were hard but absolutely amazing. I saw a snake, a turtle and lot and lot of chipmunks. I did this all the way to end beyond Dennis 0 mark and came back. Somehow my recording shows 47.1 miles total. I took a detour to fort hill so I have stopped the recording and started again when I am back on CCRT. Now I ended up with two recordings.

Stop at the Beachcomber!

love❤

one of the best trails ever❤

Thursday, August 17, 2017

Wednesday, April 12, 2017

At times lots of family traffic...perfectly safe for lonely rides /walks/ runs .

Friday, October 28, 2016

great for a long bike ride. At the beginning of the trail in Dennis you go by the back of some businesses but the majority of the way is beautiful. Well traveled all year long.

Tuesday, May 26, 2015

One of the best and easy bike trails I've done. Its scenic and paved. The road is wide enough for pedestrians and bikers to share the road without incident. Love this ride! :)

Saturday, August 03, 2013

Great trail, flat, paved and easy. I rode this last year, the first half from Dennis to the state park (Brewster) is flat and easy, after the state park towards Wellefleet it tends to have inclines which makes it the challenge but it is still paved. I ended up doing this in 2 days, I could only handle 11 or so miles one way, so 22-23 round trip and then next day did the other half. I was suppose to do it this year with a group but my car was out of commission for a long time :( but it gives me a chance to go again :) Have fun, it's a really great trail!

Saturday, July 28, 2012

Fantastic bike ride for all ages & abilities. We rode on up to Wellfleet Beach, which was a bit more challenging, but fun. Capt'n Elmer's Lobster & Fish Market in Orleans serves an awesome lobster sandwich and is right on the trail.

Friday, September 30, 2011

Stayed down on rt 28 at a place called the Cove at Yarmouth ,Went to the start of the trail in Dennis , with a couple friends who rented bikes at the shop Barbra's conviently right at the trail head.They hadn't biked much so the nice comfortable bikes they had were great for them.We have done the part up to Brewster and from there out to the end in Wellfleet but this time decided to go to Chatham . The trail splits at a rotary out in Harwich followed toward chatham , great scenery of woods & water Swans etc. Comes out by a small airport then makes way to town on town roads with bike lanes . Went to center of town with shops and had lunch a great little sandwich shop just off main st. down by the big town parking lot with convienent rest rooms etc. Love how well marked everything is and you could do much more exploring once you got to Chatham Was a bit foggy so couldn't see as much as would like to have .We had to head back as about 11/2 hr good ride back .you could easily stay out there if you had dropped a car or such . The rail trail is such a treat for serious & not so riders like us we include it everyyear in our after Laborday trips to the Cape .

Sunday, June 05, 2011

This is a paved trail. I have biked most of it. Hills are gentle so it is good for all. There are some nice water views and wooded areas. For as many miles as this trail has there are few road crossings. This means it is pretty safe for the kids. I accessed from the Sweetwater Forrest campground in Brewster. There are many other parking areas along the way. There is even a bicycle shop where you could get parts/repairs or even a new bike.

recorded Track - Jun 17, 06:13 PM