Callahan State Park Loop

Callahan State Park Loop is a 5.5 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Framingham, Massachusetts. The trail is good for all skill levels offers a number of activity options. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

ice climbing

Very easy short hike. We did acorn trail. We were trying to find Gibbs Mountain loop but we were unable to find the trailhead for it. Lots of dogs off leash!

Great place for a hike with the pooch! I think the last loop on the north side is just a straight there and back on the backpacker trail or a loop on the acorn trail though. I couldn’t find the other side of the loop shown on this apps map.

TONS of dogs not on leashes.

I'm giving this a 5/5 because I'm a dog owner and this is in my top 3 dog parks.
Dogs only have to be on leash in some areas, so it's nice having them run around by the pond with other dogs and close by you on the trails. We return here every few weeks, and neither us nor our dogs are disappointed. The trails are pretty easy to follow, they have free maps at both entrances; the amounts are limited, but they also have a big map you can look at before you go in.
There are some negative comments here about the dogs, but I've never actually seen anyone upset or bothered with them off leash, FYI :)

My friend and I trailered our horses here today. The parking lot was a nice size where we were able to pull in and circle around for an easy exit. There were A LOT of dogs there and although it says leashes are required, not everyone had them and not all of the dogs were respectful of the horses. There were a lot of trails to explore and a lot where we could even trot and canter. Some were rocky and had roots all over but most were fine for the horses. With my horse being so tall, I had to do some ducking to avoid the tree branches but it was gorgeous weather and just enough breeze to keep the bugs away. There is a pond that the dogs can swim in and we took our horses in since it's only about belly deep for them and they could walk right in. It wasn't our favorite place because of the dogs but we'd go back at some point in the future as it's a nice change of scenery.

Pleasant easy trail compared with north Callahan state park, which was much harder

Exelente to walk dogs

Great place to run especially if you have a dog! They are allowed off leash on most trails, especially the north side.