Borderland State Park Loop Trail

Borderland State Park Loop Trail is a 8.8 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Easton, Massachusetts that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Great park! Hiked here yesterday for the second time. There’s a visitor center with bathrooms and trail maps. Trails are well marked. Did the West Side Trail, French Trail, Granite Hills Upper Trail — which are all moderate with streams and rocky terrain. Finished with the Pond Walk which is more like an unpaved road. Lots of walkers and dogs on the Pond Walk. We hardly encountered anyone on the more rugged trails (though we did see a turkey in the woods).

Parked in main lot and headed over to the Ames Mansion. Continued north to Leach Pond lodge (Shutter Island movie scene filmed here, ugly scene as I recall). Nice cold 1Jan18 day! Did the Pond Walk next over to Puds then up to the Tisdale estate (cool history, read the sign). Continued north again up to the quarry (granite used for Canton viaduct) then south back to the parking lot. This is a wonderful property. Happy New Year!

Lovely place. Pretty scenery. Very flat. I would only rate it moderate because it allows you to do distance, the trails themselves are very flat.

It was beautiful but I would rate it under 'easy'. Many of the trails are carriage roads even the smaller trails as easy with not very challenging inclines. There is a $5 parking charge - interesting estate, disc golf, playgrounds and lovely ponds.

beautiful lake

This is a great place to take dogs! We have two and one is getting older so she can't do the big up hill hikes anymore. This is perfect for both dogs because it is relatively flat but still fun to explore! Plus they can go swimming on a hot day. If you are looking for a steeper hike though I wouldn't recommend going here. There are definitely trails here that are more difficult but still in general it is relatively flat.

We go here several times a year. there are multiple trails you can take along with the 9 mile loop. the pond loop is a nice easy 3.5 mile loop

Great park, well maintained and if you run up mountain road, you can get some good hill work in too.

moms with terrian strollers

Monday, May 15, 2017

well maintained, well marked. beautiful any time of year. main trail is heavily trafficked but side trails are vast and offer a more private hike.

Sunday, May 07, 2017

Beautiful

Thursday, May 04, 2017

This is a beautiful place to walk and enjoy nature. The property is very well maintained and is a real gem!

Tuesday, May 02, 2017

Very nice mix of Trail's by lake and through woods I really like the lack of city noise

Monday, April 24, 2017

Amazing place to walk/hike. Lots of great trails and views.

Sunday, April 16, 2017

Wonderful paths with beautiful views!

Sunday, April 02, 2017

Beautiful trail with plenty of space, and just enough hills. The water is beautiful, as are the features. Between the huge fields and the paths through trees, the rock cabin with a lit fire, the mansion, the farmhouse, and the bridges I don't know what was my favorite part. I will definitely return here! $6 out of state parking fee. Must vacate by 6pm sharp per park rules, at least in April. Highly recommend. Bathrooms, trash cans, lots of dogs!

Saturday, April 01, 2017

I love this place, plenty of trails, disc golf and old buildings and quarries.

Thursday, March 23, 2017

I've done cross country skiing, sledding with my kiddo behind the mansion, mansion tours, picnics, and hikes as long or short as you want. Never fails to disappoint!

Sunday, February 26, 2017

Grew up in Mansfield so it was a place we went as a kid. Love it!

Friday, December 30, 2016

Great park! Love the view of the main flat trail surrounding the water. Side trails are a bit more rocky and offer beautiful fern groves and wildlife.

Tuesday, November 01, 2016

Nice walk around pond. Going to check out mountain side.

Saturday, October 22, 2016

Great walk with our pup! Will be back!

Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Nice trails but, were busy on a very mild October day. Will definitely go back.

Saturday, September 03, 2016

Great local place to go for a shorter, moderate/easy ride. Trails can be crowded on weekends with walkers and runners so biking is best during the week or early in the morning on weekends. Beautiful scenery and wildlife everywhere!

Sunday, August 28, 2016

I went this summer with my daughter (15) and our dog (Iggy). This is a nice trail with a stream, woods, open fields and a short walk along a rarely (no houses) traveled road. We would do this again.

Sunday, June 12, 2016

We horseback ride here frequently. Usually 6 mi you have to keep to walk or slow trot on the carriage roads but can get in great canters around the large fields. Prefer to go during the week as it is well used by bike riders, walkers, joggers, frisky golf players, and parents with strollers. Fantastic family place.

Wednesday, June 01, 2016

Great walking trails. They also have a rear view of the pond and cool stone buildings to explore.

Sunday, May 15, 2016

great trails never really run into alot of people my dog loves it and beautiful views

Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Nice walk with beautiful scenery. $5 to park.

Monday, April 25, 2016

The trails are clearly marked and go from well groomed to almost bouldering. Had a great day out but It did get very crowded. We covered 9 miles and didn't even come close to completing it. We Will go back just probably for early morning to miss the crowds.