Blue Hills Skyline Trail Through Hike

Blue Hills Skyline Trail Through Hike is a 8.2 mile moderately trafficked point-to-point trail located near Canton, Massachusetts that features a great forest setting and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and birding and is best used from May until September.

Point to Point

A point-to-point hike across the Blue Hills, mostly following the Skyline trail. Easily done using public transport without the need to drive. Take a train to the 128 Route station and from there, follow the Blue Hill Drive until you reach a small, easy-to-miss path on the left-hand side of the road, heading downhill. Follow the path under the I-95 and head right, along the I-95 slipway and toward the Little Blue Hill. Beyond the Little Blue Hill, you need to cross a road and head up the Great Blue Hill. Here, the paths become more heavily trafficked and you just need to follow the Skyline and Skyline North signs until the very end. From the end of the trail, take the #8 bus or a short walk to Quincy/Adams stop of the Red T line.

Great hike, but the trail near the route 128 station doesn’t really exist. I hiked the whole thing from the Quincy side and right near 95 the trail completely disappeared. I had to bushwhack to near the train station. I hope I didn’t get poison ivy on me.