Blue Hills Skyline Loop

Blue Hills Skyline Loop is a 5.4 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Quincy, Massachusetts that features a great forest setting. The trail is rated as moderate offers a number of activity options. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Super rocky and not my favorite. Struggled with signage above the skyline. Narrow areas where I felt super nervous I would fall and hurt my ankles. Hiked in the late afternoon and would recommend hiking earlier so as to not feel pressured. Took a detour for an overlook and hiked over 7.6 miles. Not sure I would hike this same trail again.

Good trail, good views even on a cloudy day. The dog and I had a blast! It is definitely rocky so be prepared, Stop by the visitors center before you start to get your bearings and advice on where to start, they were very helpful.

Not mind blowing or remote, but honestly, this is so great considering you're still in metropolitan greater Boston. There is some great elevation change and wonderful views. And 6 miles is 6 miles.

Beautiful hike! The trail starts just behind the headquarters buildings, and we parked across the street. We finished the whole loop in 2.5 hours, including some time spent at the weather observatory and taking pictures. Elliot Tower is closed for renovations currently, but the weather observatory gives you a view of the skyline for a $3 fee. We completed the loop counter clockwise, but I agree with previous reviews that clockwise is probably more enjoyable, as we had to go down a lot of rocks on the way back. Overall, great way to spend the morning!

This was a fun trail, the loop took my friend and I 2 hours and was 3 miles, with only some short stops. It definitely gets your heart pumping, there are quite a few steep ascents with lots of rock, and then you'll steeply descend, it will be flat for a bit, and then another ascent. Not a simple up on the way there and down on the way back, which makes it more fun I think. Unfortunately the Eliot Tower is currently closed for renovations for the fall, so the views weren't great at the top, but still great to be out there!

Very nice hike, moderately difficult there are some steep climbs but overall a very rewarding hike with spectacular views for anyone who is familiar with rocky steep terrain.

1 hour ago