Learn more

Blackstone Gorge Trail is a 1.2 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Blackstone, Massachusetts that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 1.2 miles Elevation Gain: 85 feet Route Type: Loop

Can be confusing trying to follow trails

GREAT family hike along the river. Plenty of shady areas to stop and have a snack. This trail is very rocky, steep in some parts but our 4yr old could handle it. Will be doing this again in warmer weather to take advantage of swimming areas.

Different trails for different activity levels.

Love this trail and the gorge!!! Definitely one of my favorites!!

I hiked this trail with my 4 month old puppy and 3 boys ages 3,3,and 5. This is not a trail for any child younger than 3 or strollers. We loved the rocky trail and the view. The trail was easy to follow because of the river. Definitely going back.

By river Muddy/Rocky

Hhhhh

Beautiful, relatively close to providence, but full of ticks and poorly marked. Midway through trail we stumbled upon red blazes. Guess I would start at bottom of lot and head in on red blazes. We started top of lot and there was a ton of well worn trails but but absolutely no markings! I’ll come back in the winter as I think this has the potential to be much better!

the trail was beautiful. did it with my toddler. no mosquitoes, we used tea tree oul n bug spray. but i gave a poor rating for the app as it didnt record our trail :( But the trail is beautiful, quick and short.

great little walk along the river.

Fri May 24 2019

Pretty easy trail with good views of the Blackstone River.

Wed Apr 24 2019

Another one of our favorites, love the huge rocks and water, the falls, great hike!

Sun Apr 14 2019

So I'm a beginner and I found this trail difficult with all the rocks! we started along the shore though instead of the path. The path goes unmarked when you hit the clearing. It was very beautiful and fun, you can hear the water rushing. There were at least 3 different groups hanging out, smoking pot however. Seems to be a place people come to do that.

Sun Apr 07 2019

very enjoyable the girls loved it they ar 11 and 12

Fri Mar 29 2019

Nice hike with some rocky terrain and elevation changes. Great water and waterfall views. Nice place for birdwatching. Trails are decently marked, but the presence of the river will give even first-timers confidence in not getting lost.

Sun Mar 03 2019

A quick and easy early spring hike. No ice on the main trail

Mon Oct 08 2018

Great outcroppings with views of the gorge. I only wish the trail was better marked.

Wed Jul 04 2018

Nice place to clear your mind and the views are nice. Trail isn’t marked too well

Sat Jan 20 2018

Short and simple, great place to unwind after work, or a perfect picnic spot. Bring bugspray, where there's water there's bugs!

Sat Sep 30 2017