Bear Hole Reservoir Trail

Bear Hole Reservoir Trail is a 2.9 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near West Springfield, Massachusetts that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

very nice pretty,

2.9 mike walk very peaceful has small water falls!

Nice trail and really big area. Plenty of side paths to explore. Took my dog and we walked around for about 5 miles.

First time here today! New to this area. We LOVED it. Our new favorite place.

This place is really big and beautiful!

Really nice, super clean trail. Not too intense and just long enough to get some fresh air and take on a few nice spots. There's a nice creek with an adorable place to even get in the water. Would be a great little hike to bring the dogs and I noticed it has some really neat, windy bike trails off the main trail. I really like this hike because it loops perfectly around in a circle... only took about 40 minutes to walk.

love it I'm glad they finally did something with bear hole for the community that lives in West Springfield other than people dumping their. me and the neighbor take our dogs out almost every weekend for a walk. I just got two new mountain bikes for me and my son and we are going to start heading out there and try to do it every day it's a peaceful quiet place and you always find new Beauty that you haven't seen before. great job what Springfield

The waterfall is modest yet beautiful. Nice place for an easy walk.

I know I already rated it, but I wanted to add 1 more thing for people who take dogs there that are scaredy cats, like ours. Somewhere within hearing distance there is a sportsman club, or something like that. Sounds like a target shooting area. That's the only thing that ruins it.

We had a fun walk w our pup, Max! The waterfall was really pretty! It was nice having a path next to the water, to keep Max cool and hydrated!!

Saturday, April 22, 2017

Awesome trails for you and your dog!

Sunday, April 16, 2017

easy terrains, with speculator river view.

Thursday, March 02, 2017

Been hiking all winter this year. Love every bit of it with my dog

Monday, January 23, 2017

Perfect to walk w dogs

Saturday, January 14, 2017

Lovely to explore!

Saturday, November 12, 2016

Pleasant hike

Tuesday, October 11, 2016

My family and I had a great hike exploring a hidden gem in my home town. I never knew there were hiking trails in Bear hole until this app. Thank you! We did do the shorter inner loop, just because of a time restraint, but it was about 2.7 miles in 1 hour, according to my Endomundo. It was just what we needed to break up our day of house work and work work. We will definitely be exploring more in the near future!

Sunday, August 07, 2016

This as a great hike. A little gem hidden in west Springfield. Lots of trails to explore. If you want to do the loop on this ap bring your phone and track yourself. Trails are not marked, very easy to get lost. So worth doing the loop. Lots of things to see.

Sunday, July 03, 2016

Great trails to explore! Went off the path a few times and my dogs loved the adventure!

Wednesday, June 29, 2016

A real fun path with lots of little side paths to explore! Great Trail!

Monday, May 23, 2016

great trail well maintained. nice easy hike for the family.

Monday, May 09, 2016

Wonderful trail, although I did not spend much time on the the designated path.

Monday, April 25, 2016

Was definitely impressed with this trail. It is a good mix of relatively easy hiking/walking and a nice woodsy environment. The trail seems much longer than it is (and took over an hour and a half to walk) but it's worth the trek.

Sunday, November 08, 2015

Great spot to bring kids and pets! Nice gravel road trail and it goes around a lake!

Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Thursday, June 04, 2015

Great run along a resevoir and a stream with a small waterfall. Beautiful foliage and wildlife this spring! check out my photos on instagram @ cohutta_be_happy

Sunday, December 21, 2014

Nice easy trail. It is almost completely flat. After you park you can either go straight on the service road or go left down the trail (which we did). It goes around the lake and is very pretty. There are some break off points and it is easy to take a wrong turn (which we did). We ended up going on a longer hike than we expected to, but it was nice! Our dog loved it.

Sunday, January 19, 2014

Easy trail, mostly flat. Walked in January and much of it covered in ice. Walk along edges of trail. At north end, beavers had flooded the trail but the ice wasn't solid so the other side could not be accessed from the north end.