Ashuwillticook Rail Trail is a 10.8 mile moderately trafficked point-to-point trail located near Pittsfield, Massachusetts that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 10.8 miles Elevation Gain: 88 feet Route Type: Point to Point

wheelchair friendly

stroller friendly

paved

rails trails

Note: There is a temporary closure of the southwestern section due to construction.

The southern half of the rail trail is undergoing renovation with milling and paving. Should be completed by mid summer. You can pick up the rail trail on Church Street in Cheshire from there north to Adams it is about 6.2 miles one way

I actually walked 3 miles, I had forgotten to turn on recording. Nice walk on an overcast morning. I saw quite a few birds; warblers, wood-thrush, cardinals etc.

Absolutely a beautiful morning walking on the Ashuwilltocook trail.

Just a quick walk on the trail this morning get the bones moving.

Nice hike on the trail this morning very quiet and a little bit of sun. The time looks longer because I forgot to shut the recording off. 4 miles is good

A little morning wake up on the trail. No one in sight and very peaceful! Thank and praise to our Lord Jesus Christ!

closed

Currently closed for construction

Nice afternoon walk on the trail. Sunny day but a little chill in the air !

The miles on this recording should be doubled , I forgot to turn the recording on when I started!

Nice early evening stroll, very peaceful. I Took some nice shots of Mt. Greylock and the light on top of the war memorial tower.

Kind of a dreary morning but I forced myself to get out and walk. Overcast and temperature low 30’s. Uneventful but the views on the lake were still nice. I wasn’t inspired by take any pictures!

icy

Cold morning on the trail, a dusting of snow with a Beautiful view up on the mountains ! God Is So Good! I walked 4.4 Miles, forgot to record when I started! Invigorating Walk.....

A walk with the Mellen’s. Only recorded one way so full walk was 4.2 miles and times were about doubled.

No bells & whistles - just straight, flat, and paved. Nice for a casual walk (probably a better biking trail than a walking/running one); bit busy when I went, too.

Excellent trail for walking or biking. Trail is totally paved and well maintained. Scenery varies from lakes & marshes.

Not meant to be a real challenge as it's an old railroad bed. Recovering from knee surgery due to an accident I received last fall coming down a mountain, this allowed me to get some nice views and enjoy a sunny day. Started in Lanesborough and went to to Adams then back in just over a couple hours, about 20 miles round trip. Many walkers along with cyclists.

rather boring straight and long trail, nice views on lake unfortunately quite rare.

Excellent path and not too crowded. Gorgeous scenery. We (wife and I) started on the Adams side of the trail. This was easier for us, as it was all uphill to begin and a smooth coast back.

Sat Apr 27 2019

Pretty much straight walk and there are very less people on the trail due to the 40 degree weather and wintry mix. It was beautiful with nice views of mountains and lake. The spring green leaves make it look like fall all over again. We had to return after 6 miles because we had to back another 6 miles and we did not bring any snacks.

Tue Oct 16 2018

Easy trail to ride and so beautiful

Thu Sep 13 2018

pure tension relief. great riding for fun. leaf peeping will only enhance its beauty in next few weeks.

Sun Sep 09 2018

awesome trail, great scenery and well maintained

Tue Aug 07 2018

Thu Nov 30 2017

As far as pavement goes, this is pretty nice. Clean, never very crowded and plenty of distance for hours of sight-seeing exercise!

Tue Oct 17 2017

Fast and flat with very scenic views.... Not too crowded, especially in the rural sections.

Sun Jul 23 2017

A day out to fish the stream. Beautiful day and caught a nice rainbow trout!

Wed Jun 07 2017

If you park at the trailhead, you'll need to walk 2.5 miles before seeing the beautiful lake shown in pictures. I recommend driving down and parking at the additional trail entrance a few miles in. This is much closer to the gorgeous view!

Fri Feb 24 2017

Use the trail all the time. Gets a bit crowded in the afternoon, but head farther north (towards Lanesboro/Cheshire) and it gets less so. Glad to have this easy access resource nearby!