Amesbury Rail Trail

Amesbury Rail Trail is a 2.8 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Amesbury, Massachusetts that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

wheelchair friendly

rails trails

The Amesbury Riverwalk is currently an out and back walk which passes by the Powow River, along the backside of a residential area and through light manufacturing. The trail passes under I495 and is commonly used as a bike route but is also a great 2.5 mile trail for walkers right near downtown Amesbury. The trail features three informational signs about the history of the railway in Amesbury complete with old photographs. Future plans hope to link this to Salisbury and the Newburyport Rail Trail for a continuous through-way between these three towns. This trail is wheelchair accessible.

Walked this for the first time last night and it was nice until I encountered a bike "officer" (?) who oddly came right at me when I moved in to the other lane and out of his way (he was to my right heading down the trail and we were headed back up the trail) and then headed right for me when I moved to the left. He or she said absolutely nothing, it was beyond strange and unnecessary. Uniforms never mean you have to be a jerk or be on a power trip. Try talking to people it goes along long way!!

Friday, September 02, 2016

Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Great walk with a stroller.

Sunday, June 12, 2016

True to descriptions! Nice short walk with our babyjogger and preschooler on her bike.