White Trail

White Trail is a 3.1 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Jarrettsville, Maryland that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

old growth

Park in the rapids parking area on Route 24. Take the purple blazed trail from the parking lot to the white blazed loop trail.

This is a great hike! A little steep at times, but clearly marked paths make staying on the trail easy. I would recommend hiking this during autumn as the views of the trees that have changed colors is beautiful from the King and Queen's Seat during this time. Get there early, it gets extremely crowded during both weekdays and weekends because it is a short hike,

Get there early if you want to enjoy the overlook. I got there at 10:30 and there was already someone sitting there. Then more started to arrive. It's worth it to sit on Kings and Queens Seat and watch the buzzards ride the thermals as you look down on them. The rest of the hike was nice with lots of rock scrambling.

Nice hike but wish it was longer. Went on a Tuesday with beautiful weather and only saw a handful of people. Would probably avoid it on a weekend b/c I don't like crowds when I hike

Very nice hike! We couldn't find the trail head at Wilson's Picnic area so we parked at the ranger station. It was beautiful weather and saw a lot of people along the way. All Trails says that the loop is 3.1 but the park reports it as 2.2 miles. Either way, it was a fun hike with lots of good views. We will definitely be back in the fall for the changing leaves!

Nice hike. This was my first time in Rocks State Park. This was my first rock scramble to summit of King & Queen Seat since my foot surgery. I met some people on the summit. One of them show me the easiest way to top of the summit.