White Trail

White Trail is a 3.1 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Jarrettsville, Maryland that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

old growth

Park in the rapids parking area on Route 24. Take the purple blazed trail from the parking lot to the white blazed loop trail.

It was a fantastic hike, although we did come on a rainy day so we didn’t get as many spectacular views we were expecting. The key point is the ridge and made the trip worth it.

Some of the climbs will test you, unless you're in great shape. Stopping by the King and Queen seats a must.

easy and short but pretty

Enjoyed this trail. Lots of rocks in the trail so watch your step! The view from the king and queen seat is breathtaking but also crowded. The rest of the trail did not offer great views but was very peaceful. Only ran into a few other hikers outside of the king and queen seat.

Wonderful views at the King and Queen Seat on the White trail. Parked at the Wilson picnic area and completed the loop, which in areas was challenging for our group in some areas, but so worth it!

Easy, short hike to the overlook. Went while it was raining so we had the place to ourselves, but climbing on the rocks was a little scary (wouldn't recommend!)

Great hiking! Went on a weekday and it wasn't very crowded. Great view at the King and Queen Seat overlook. The rapids were crystal clear off of Route 24. Beautiful park!

Was good but a lot of people on the weekend.

If you want the steep ascent first to get to the King and Queen's Seat quickly, you want to go clockwise (left) from the Wilson's Picnic area. If you want the gradual ascent to reward you with the view towards the end, then a steep descent, go right and take the loop counterclockwise. I was expecting more rock scrambling than there actually was, but the view made up for it. My 5 and 11 year kid managed the trail but it was tough and maybe a bit too hard for the younger one in that he was exhausted by the end.

Great time with daughters!

great hike!

Wonderful trail! Absolutely love the King and Queen Seats and there's a beautiful view from there

Crowded with cool views for Maryland.

This is a great hike! A little steep at times, but clearly marked paths make staying on the trail easy. I would recommend hiking this during autumn as the views of the trees that have changed colors is beautiful from the King and Queen's Seat during this time. Get there early, it gets extremely crowded during both weekdays and weekends because it is a short hike,

Get there early if you want to enjoy the overlook. I got there at 10:30 and there was already someone sitting there. Then more started to arrive. It's worth it to sit on Kings and Queens Seat and watch the buzzards ride the thermals as you look down on them. The rest of the hike was nice with lots of rock scrambling.

Nice hike but wish it was longer. Went on a Tuesday with beautiful weather and only saw a handful of people. Would probably avoid it on a weekend b/c I don't like crowds when I hike

Very nice hike! We couldn't find the trail head at Wilson's Picnic area so we parked at the ranger station. It was beautiful weather and saw a lot of people along the way. All Trails says that the loop is 3.1 but the park reports it as 2.2 miles. Either way, it was a fun hike with lots of good views. We will definitely be back in the fall for the changing leaves!

Nice hike. This was my first time in Rocks State Park. This was my first rock scramble to summit of King & Queen Seat since my foot surgery. I met some people on the summit. One of them show me the easiest way to top of the summit.

Sunday, November 20, 2016

beautiful sights, great history, but slick in the fall with the leaves on the trail. heavily trafficked. our two dogs had a blast!

Friday, November 11, 2016