White Oak Trail

White Oak Trail is a 1 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Frederick, Maryland that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from April until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Entering the trail from the right of the parking area is a rocky downhill hike. Beginners like my husband and I benefited from using trekking poles. The second half of the loop heading back up to the left side of the parking area is much smoother.

My husband and I randomly decided at 10am that we wanted to go for a good hike but still be done in time to get the kids from school. We got to the trail head around 11am. We took our time and made frequent stops to just enjoy nature. We were done by noon. Even with stops it was about an hour and very enjoyable. We’ll definitely bring the dog next time but it’s a little too rocky for our 4yo to hike without constantly tripping. Great for big kids, adults, and a sturdy dog

Sunday, July 23, 2017