WB&A Trail

WB&A Trail is a 6.5 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Odenton, Maryland that offers scenic views and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until October.

Good trail for bikers, decent length, and very flat. Keep in mind that the trail, now that the new housing development has started, is closed further south, and if you choose to go past that the area that is marked off, they changed it to a road so you may have some problems.

No complaints. Nice, relatively flat paved trail.

Great trail. Pretty flat.

Not a bad trail for road bikes. It is fairly easy to navigate. Watch out for the sharp turn at the end/south end of the trail, the climb back up can be strenuous but after that it is all easy riding back up to Odenton. I parked off of a side street across from the 7-Eleven in Odenton and started there. I did see about 3 dogs at various spots, not sure if they were stray, i did not plan on slowing down to check on them. But they seemed to keep to themselves, making me think that they were pets.

Nice walk.

Friday, January 20, 2017

This trail is officially 3.8 miles, not 1.2 miles. I believe there may be confusion as, I also believe there are parts of this trail unconnected or in transition. I started at Strawberry Lake Way and went south to I believe Brager's road. At the "end" there was no signage but I stayed on a sidewalk past new housing construction. The sidewalk may have been part of the trail but it was not marked. It continued across the road and down a hill going South but I had had enough hills and turned around and went the full 3.8 miles north to Odenton. The trail is nice for exercise, a bit hilly but not extreme, since it was formerly an electric railway. It is not for those looking to get away from civilization, as most of this section is suburban. However I did see a bald eagle at a pond along the way. I came to this trail because there was hunting going on at Patuxent Wildlife Research, so this was a second choice. I may come back to explore south.