WB&A Trail

WB&A Trail is a 1.2 mile out and back trail located near Odenton, Maryland. The trail is good for all skill levels and primarily used for walking and road biking.

This trail is officially 3.8 miles, not 1.2 miles. I believe there may be confusion as, I also believe there are parts of this trail unconnected or in transition. I started at Strawberry Lake Way and went south to I believe Brager's road. At the "end" there was no signage but I stayed on a sidewalk past new housing construction. The sidewalk may have been part of the trail but it was not marked. It continued across the road and down a hill going South but I had had enough hills and turned around and went the full 3.8 miles north to Odenton. The trail is nice for exercise, a bit hilly but not extreme, since it was formerly an electric railway. It is not for those looking to get away from civilization, as most of this section is suburban. However I did see a bald eagle at a pond along the way. I came to this trail because there was hunting going on at Patuxent Wildlife Research, so this was a second choice. I may come back to explore south.