Union Dam Trail

Union Dam Trail is a 1 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Ellicott City, Maryland that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until September. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Easy and short trail but there are 1-2 steep areas where heavier set individuals may have trouble with footing.

Pretty easy trail, wonderful views of the river and even some spots that you can get down on the banks. I guess people can swim there since there were a lot of sandals and trash thrown around on some areas. We took the trail further down than what was on the app and found some nicer spots to view the river from. Overall my 6 year old had no problems. The way back up was a little rough since we were so hot but it wasn't to bad. I don't know how easy it would be if it had just rained as it seems like it would be hard due to the steepness of some areas so it probably gets slippery.

I agree with the other reviews that this trail is more on the moderate end, especially if you're caught in the rain while on it like me. I had to stop a couple of times to catch my breath going back up. Overall a good trail, just be prepared.

It’s more of a moderate trail rather than easy because the walk back up is terrible

Not sure about the easy rating. Someone like myself who is out of shape found the hill back up a little tough. I may have come back up on a different trail though. Lol. Cool trail though. Water is awesome and the railroad tracks are cool.

recorded damm