Turkey Run Park Loop Trail

Turkey Run Park Loop Trail is a 2.3 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Glen Echo, Maryland that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

I've done this trail twice and I really enjoy it. Very nice scenery, mini waterfall and a nice incline for a semi-workout. I've always find l done this trail when it's been dry, but I can imagine it would be pretty difficult when wet after rain. I recommend it, but not so sure for little children.

Beautiful views but many downed trees, one which came down moments before we got there. We couldn't make the full loop because of that tree.

Takes about an hour and half. Great views of the Potomac. Could be slippery after a rain event. Technical sections require climbing over downed trees and crossing over water in at least 2 areas.

This was a really pretty trail. Moderate is correct, would not be good for younger kids, but tweens and up can handle it. We only saw one other couple on the trail. My suggestion would be to wear pants, not shorts and hiking boots. The trails are a little overgrown, and there are a lot of spider webs.

Tuesday, April 18, 2017

A lovely river-side walk with some interesting rock formations. A few parts where you need to scramble, but nothing too tricky. The description is a little confusing- it's close to McLean Virginia, not Glen Echo.