Thurmont Vista

Thurmont Vista is a 2.9 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Sabillasville, Maryland that features a great forest setting and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and trail running and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

nice hike with the dogs

I went last week. Nice hike. When I got to the vista though, a large group was already there so I didn’t have a place to sit to admire the view.

I definitely would not consider this a “moderate” hike. I extended it and went over to Wolf Rock and Chimney Rock and I still didn’t think this was moderate. The hike itself is easy. With the leaves covering the trail and some of the rocks, it could be considered lightly moderate in winter/fall. Otherwise, it was a lovely easy hike and I would definitely do it again! The views were nice and it was good to be in nature.

A steep hill from Charcoal parking lot and a rocky climb down to a joining trail. Beautiful view of Thurmont and a must hike. It is a fairly rocky trail so beware.

Really nice hike! I went in the fall and the trees covered some of the views. I can imagine the winter being a better time to go to see more from the view points.

Parked at Thurmont parking lot and hiked with my teen daughter. Middle of the week. Had the trail to ourselves all the way up. Glorious silence. Holy cow do those gnats and skeetoes love me! I'm outta shape so It was challenging for rookie hiker like me. It got rocky and kinda steep on some parts but the feeling of accomplishment when I reached the top! The view made it so worth the climb. Even though it was a bit hazy. Will hike again.

Decent trail for anyone to hike

Monday, September 05, 2016

Good trail. Expect a rocky outing. Good loop plus Wolf Rock was fun.

Monday, August 10, 2015

Did a loop from the visitors center totaling 6 miles. Nice day with the pups!! Got out there early to be the heat and the people. Headed to a winery for picnic lunch :)

Monday, October 14, 2013

This is a nice hike. Some parts of the path are very steep. There are a few spots with great views.

Sunday, August 14, 2016