Susquehanna State Park Loop

Susquehanna State Park Loop is a 2.9 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Havre de Grace, Maryland that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until September. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

This was a great trail for me and my puppy! I did my best to follow the topographic map but it would have been helpful to know the color trails. I believe these are the trails you should follow: Park at the mill on Stafford road. Walk up the hill and take the purple historic walking trail. You will come to a juncture. Take the left trail. You will come to another juncture where a white trail is labeled to the right. Take the white trail. You will come out of the woods to a beautiful field and see 2 narrow roads. Cross over them and you will see a white sign pointing through the field to the left. Next you will come to the red trail with an option to turn left or right. Turn left! This is where I went wrong... right will bring you down to Stafford road at the lapidum boat ramp. Stay in the ridge and the red trail will bring you back to the mill!

Sunday, August 06, 2017