Soldiers Delight Natural Environmental Area Trails

Soldiers Delight Natural Environmental Area Trails is a 5.4 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Owings Mills, Maryland that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Directions from Baltimore, MC: Travel Interstate 695 to Interstate 795 exit 7 / Franklin Boulevard. Travel west approximately 2 miles. Turn left onto Berrymans Lane. Travel half-mile turning left onto Deer Park Road. Travel another 2 miles to trailhead parking located on the right side of the road.

This is a four star trail normally but man! I came home with 3 ticks after really checking myself and my friend who went with me. Very muddy today too. Nice trail- I'd say moderate to easy difficultly level. But these ticks! I would take a lot of precautions if you're going here in the next few weeks. I haven't had that many ticks on me at once in 22 years!

Good views towards the west