Savage Park Trails

Savage Park Trails is a 2.5 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Jessup, Maryland that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

nice peaceful hiking and jogging area

We really enjoyed hiking the Green and a little of the Blue trails this time.

nice park. can put trails together how ever you like and only 200 yards from little patuxent trail. played in River and not nearly as crowded as patapsco

We really enjoyed walking on the Red Trail this time. It was very scenic. next time we will explorer other trail options.

Took our boys hiking, a little difficult with a stroller but thankfully we had a great off road stroller! Was a great little hike. Water was nice to walk along beside.

Nothing wrong with the trails themselves, they are marked well. It's just really really boring and it's not far away enough from roads to still hear noise pollution from cars. If you like an easy clear cut walk with not much going on, then this is for you. It was definitely more of a walk than a hike. The only interesting part about the trails was the river, and that was just ok too.

Nice, well kept trail
Not too difficult, has a few inclines, but they are short.
All in all, I would recommend this trail for anyone interested in scenery and a light workout.

easy access, easy walking with kids and dogs, trails are well marked very wide and well maintained, I will be back on spring time.

Easy trail with lots to see: the stream, some small ruined buildings,etc.

Monday, September 19, 2016

great little walk through nature!

Monday, August 29, 2016

Great trail, some parts are paved, mostly gravel. Very easy. Plenty of wildlife lots of butterflies, we saw a family of deer, a blue tailed skink, and a small snake. Bathrooms are nice and well kept.

Sunday, August 28, 2016

I had a ton of fun hopping on the rocks and walking off trail.

Monday, August 08, 2016

Short trail best experienced by going down the river bed.

Wednesday, August 03, 2016

great place, definitely I'll visit it again

Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Nice and easy stroll. Very pretty

Saturday, May 14, 2016

A nice quiet treat in the Savage area. Trails are well marked. Trails along the rivers are pretty nice. Relatively easy walking.

Wednesday, May 11, 2016

The Red trail is nice, it runs along the Middle Patuxent River, only one semi-steep hill. Easy access for the dogs to run in & take a quick dip. The GreenBlue trail is relatively flat, no hills (markers start green, then at a trail switch, can take the GreenBlue trail back out).

Sunday, April 10, 2016

Went with my 11 yr old daughter for what I thought would be an easy ride, but after getting more into the ride, it turned out to anything but. At times we were on flat terrain. For hers and my skill level, it turned out to be more moderate than easy. The weather was iffy when we started but after getting into it we stopped paying attention to the rain / snow clouds in APRIL.
At the end of the beautiful hour and half ride in which we allowed ourselves to get lost before finding our way out without using my gps, I had an eager participant for future rides.