Rocky Gap Canyon to Evitts Summit Trail is a 8 mile out and back trail located near Flintstone, Maryland that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and birding and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

This is a fun incline, but I like going down through the line into the camping area rather than using Evitts as out and back.

Great trail with a beautiful view!

Steady incline with some interesting sections to figure out lines down/back up rocky face. Mason Dixon line marker was cool and a monument date stamped. Great view at the summit. Varied terrain to keep focused on.

Beautiful trail!! Steady incline all the way up , only steep in a couple spots! Great trail saw deer and a rat snake !! Mason Dixon line was awesome! Views from the top so worth the effort 4 miles up and 4 miles down took about 4 hours all together we stopped a lot to take photos!!

Tuesday, September 05, 2017

Nice trail with some rewarding landmarks at the top of the trail. I liked that there were some options of things to see at the top to make you feel rewarded for the work to get there. Pretty wide path into the mid section of the trail. Elevation is gradual with only light places of steep sections. Overall a nice trail.

Sunday, August 13, 2017

Took Rocky trail from Dogwood campsite loop, Short trail to loop back on Lakeside trail. Short and beautiful with more fungi varieties than I've ever seen.

Sunday, August 06, 2017

Great hike. Nice views at the top.

Saturday, July 08, 2017

Took the lakeside loop trail and it was beautiful and easy. We hiked for almost 9 miles all the way around.

Sunday, July 02, 2017

Parts of the trail are very nice, but there are several areas where you "walk through" civilization - people sunning on a beach, picnickers at the casino, shelter areas where parties are happening. Pretty awkward.

Sunday, June 25, 2017

Great workout as it's a steady incline all the way to the top. I enjoyed the rocky terrain and beautiful view at the top.

Friday, November 04, 2016

Early morning is a good time to go. Trails are clear and easy. Good elevation change.

Wednesday, October 19, 2016

It was great! A mix of incline and easy gradual trail. The view at the Dixon line is unique and so enjoyable.

Saturday, August 27, 2016

Awesome hike, the Homestead site was a let down but the Mason Dixon Line well worth it.

Sunday, August 14, 2016

I love this hike. No matter what season it is always beautiful. Fall is of course the best when the leaves are changing. The view from the top is amazing.

Sunday, May 24, 2015

Terrific hike! The first mile in the hemlock forest was a bit over-grown, but I enjoyed the rocky terrain. The gradual uphill to the summit was easy on the knees, but still a great workout. The Mason-Dixon marker is VERY cool and the valley overlook at the summit is stunning. After coming off the mountain, I took the "lake trail" back to the car. My dogs really enjoyed cooling off in the lake after the hike.

Wednesday, August 06, 2014

From my campsite at Rocky Gap to the Pennsylvania line is 8.4 miles round trip. A lovely hike with a nice payoff at the top. Also got to meet a black bear!

Sunday, June 29, 2014

I like this trail but near the top we decided to bushwack straight up to eliminate the long switchbacks. The homestead story was interesting too . We turned back before getting to the PA line because of the impending storm!

Saturday, March 22, 2014

I do this trail all the time in warmer weather. Summer time it is almost completely shaded & very minimal bugs compared to the bugs by the lake. I park up past the lodge & according to my GPS it took 6.8 miles round trip from my car up the mountain trail all the way to the top. It's a pretty good workout!

Tuesday, September 03, 2013

Started from the campground office and took the lakeside loop around the lake to the evitts mountain trail. Great views of the lake. Once we hit Evitts trail, we went all the way up to the mason Dixon line and the scenic overlook. Great views at the overlook. On our way down we took the rocky gap trail back to the campground. The entire trail seemed to be full of rocks going down so we took our time. Overall, great hike!

Monday, June 25, 2012

Rough yet fun trail. Blew a rear tire on it. Haha

Saturday, October 21, 2017