Rockburn Branch Purple Trail, Morning Choice, Valley View and Ridge Trail

Rockburn Branch Purple Trail, Morning Choice, Valley View and Ridge Trail is a 4.7 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Elkridge, Maryland that features a great forest setting and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from April until October.

The (NEW) Ridge Extension trail is only a single track so beware of bikes. It's way better then going up the Old Ridge (Waterbars). Both the old and the new trails up will connect you to Rockburn branch loop, Morning Choice and the Main Ridge Trail. The Valley View trails breaks off of the Ridge trail.
The NEW trail heading up is across the road at the middle of the Playground parking lot.
If it's raining, don't come down the new trail. Very slippery when wet. Take the old stone road down to River road. Nice breezy day but I did feel it in the woods.

** As a Pro member, I love the NEW ** LifeLine** feature in All/Trails. My wife can track me the whole time I am on trail. All/Trails lets you also send Alerts and if you are running late. Great Feature. Your contact see basically the same recording screen you see in REAL TIME. **

I posted this loop under Ridge Trail too, mainly because it Features the (NEW) Ridge Extension trail that connects you near the Rockburn loop and the Main Ridge Trail. The NEW trail starts across the road at the middle of the Playground parking lot. The trail was just completed. The old way up was the Ridge (Waterbars) trail that is washed out, rocky and tons of roots. I don't mine coming down that old trail but it gets muddy. The loop I hiked today could be shorten if you don't hike Morning Choice or cut out the Rockburn Loop. Nice breezy day so I did a bit extra. The Park continues to get crowded early.