Perimeter Trail

Perimeter Trail is a 4.9 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Greenbelt, Maryland that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and horses and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Nice trail though highway views kind of takeaway from scenery

Walked most of the trail during an overcast, chilly day. Easy trail to hike (fairly well marked and no major elevation gains) and run. Not much to see in the winter but probably pretty in the summer.

Pleasant, easy, well-marked. Virtually no elevation change.

Close to busy roadways, but otherwise great trail.

This is my go-to trail when I want to get in a nice walk near home. No bugs today, a young fawn right by the trail, and leaves falling in the woods already. Say it ain't so!

Beautiful trail and surprisingly quiet for being in the city.

Friendly trail with multiple wildlife sitings. Well marked and traveled trails. Bugs not bad.

overall it was a pretty easy trail to hike. it's only about 5 miles long and the bugs weren't as bad as others have said. If you're in the area, it's worth a visit, but it's not worth it to travel a long distance to get here.

Getting to this trail is easy from any parking area in the park. If you use the map on the alltrails app, you can easily connect to the trail which is just the trail that circles the outside of the park. This trail is basically a nature walk. No epic views or anything, but consistently pleasant trail with some streams and meadows nearby, and a lot of deer in the forest. It's relatively unused considering how close it is to DC. There are a number of instances where it gets pretty close to the freeway, so for about half the hike, you can hear road noise. There are only a few points where you can visualize the freeway. My only complaint, and it would keep me from coming back in the spring or summer, is the number of ticks. I had at least 5 ticks on me, and the dog had over 10. Whenever we would sit, we could see ticks scurrying up our legs. Pretty gross. Afterwards, there were ticks in the car, and in the gear. A lot of people camp in the area. Apparently they are less weirded out by ticks than I am...

Nice trail with lots of deer sightings. However, there were WAY too many ticks all throughout the trail. If I sat down for 5 min I would find at least one tick on my leg. I brought my dog on the hike and he had a minimum of 10 ticks on him. I highly recommend avoiding this trail during tick season (May - Aug) -- it wasn't at all worth the hassle.