Patuxent River Park Trail

Patuxent River Park Trail is a 4.7 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Upper Marlboro, Maryland that features a river. The trail is good for all skill levels offers a number of activity options.

sea kayaking

Only ran into one other person on trail and he was orienteering. It was marked ok but I was expecting more sights. A little boring due to my expectations but if you want peace and solitude, no problem. Some trails are marked "no dogs, no Horses, etc".
Park ranger on duty was not particularly friendly. Maybe she was upset that she had to work holiday. Entered at JugBay area.

awesome

A rambling review: one of my favorite places to go for a hike. I know the trails pretty well and they are well-marked. As usual, people allowing their dogs to crap in the middle of the trails and walk off-leash is annoying, but the place is still nice. Geese are numerous too (goose poop near the old airfield is everywhere), and in places hikers have to watch their footing thanks to horse tracks. Campsites are nice with clean bathrooms. Beautiful views from the various overlooks near the river. Combined trails can get you 10 or more miles of hiking, with lots of options for shorter hikes.

Saturday, September 17, 2016

Sunday, July 17, 2016

Sunday, June 19, 2016

Saturday, May 28, 2016

Wednesday, April 20, 2016

I used the red trail to get the most distance. It had several steep climbs that forced me to walk my bike up. I probably rate it between easy/intermediate because of the uphills and some sudden drops. The trail is not really twitchy unlike Rosaryville. I encountered some red stakes in the end that led to nowhere so i used the pavement.

Saturday, November 07, 2015