Patapsco Valley Granite-Woodstock Trail

Patapsco Valley Granite-Woodstock Trail is a 5.4 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Woodstock, Maryland that features a waterfall and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

We combined this with another trail and did 9 miles.

Fun challenging mountain biking trail!

It was easy trail but lengthy, marking on the trail is not great so completely dependent on GPS. Not scenic . Overall Ok .

This was a fairly easy hike. The trail markers are lacking and the only way to find your way is your GPS. Other than that it was a nice walk in the woods.

I grew up 100 yards from these trails and I can say very confidently that these are the best trails you will find in the Ellicott City area... Some people may say they are a little overgrown or unmanicured but if you ask me I would say it just adds to the beauty... Once you get familiar with this area you will discover an extra 3 to 5 miles of loops connected to this trail... This trail can also take you to Daniels Dam and from Woodstock you can make your way up to Marriottsville Rd/McKeldin Area all the way up past Henryton Rd... One time me and my father took it all the way up to my cousins house in Woodbine... Long story short the railroad and river connects this trail to essentially all the trails in north Howard County from east to west and beyond...

The start of this hike is not marked well, but after 3/4 of a mile, the white blazes are evident. However, they disappeared after a while and we ended up having to find our way via this app. Beautiful hike though!

Lots of mountain bikers. Not the best marked, but the path is well tread and easy to follow. Terrain isn't difficult but it is narrow. Parking near the restaurant across the bridge, but not a ton.

Nice trail between river and civilization. best suited for horse and mountain bike. No rock climbing. Beautiful vegetation and river views. Should be rated as easy.

I agree with the rest of the posters here. Really pretty scenery and a nice hike but terrible signage. We started on Granite Trail but ended up coming out on Quarry Trail because we lost the first one.

Great trail with very diverse and beautiful scenery! A good test if your orienteering (lack if signage)!

Awesome trail in terms of wildlife and good workout because can be longer then 6 miles. However make sure to pay attention because very little signage and bring a good GPS.