Patapsco Valley Granite-Woodstock Trail

Patapsco Valley Granite-Woodstock Trail is a 5.4 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Woodstock, Maryland that features a waterfall and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Pleasant stroll.

Parking can be found at the railroad crossing, Hike across the bridge and make a left on closed paved road. Shortly on left is a white marked trail. I think called crossover trail. This will bring you to the start. Trail makes turns that are poorly marked. I was talking and took the obvious trail and got lost 3 times :) glad I had my GPS. Trail is pretty easy overall.

This trail is great! I would not classify this as a ‘hard’ trail, although there are certainly challenging stretches of the hike. I would give this trail a 5/5 but the lack of signage makes it somewhat difficult to navigate. If you’re experienced, you’ll have no problem following the trail. For entry-level hikers, there may be more difficulty. I would love to see the trail markers repainted, a trail head that outlines the various trails in this area, and some interesting information on the local vegetation/wild life. Overall, a great trail. I stopped to enjoy several sites along the trail, but moved steadily throughout; it took me 2.5 hours to complete. I hope this is useful, enjoy!

It was great hike. Saw a few deer and some ducks. Also, I saw some ruins (think fireplace).

Ran/hiked Patapsco Granite-Woodstock today, and I have no complaints about this loop. No pics taken on this one, just cruisin' trails, although I recorded two essential waypoints where paths branch off. While it is not a super rocky course, it's level of difficulty is completed by other challenges, especially if you are trail running.

I encountered another phone death. My phone died at about two-thirds the way in. Really, I gotta stop doing this on confusing and highly-intersected trails!! This time I didn't venture off several miles by going off course, which speaks to how easy it is to navigate and follow the markings on this moderately difficult trail. Thus, my recorded track does not show that I followed the course to a "T" as depicted, which, again, was fairly easy to do despite the phone death.

This is a great 6-mile running and hiking trail, and I highly recommend it.

We combined this with another trail and did 9 miles.

Fun challenging mountain biking trail!

It was easy trail but lengthy, marking on the trail is not great so completely dependent on GPS. Not scenic . Overall Ok .

This was a fairly easy hike. The trail markers are lacking and the only way to find your way is your GPS. Other than that it was a nice walk in the woods.