Parkers Creek Loop

Parkers Creek Loop is a 3.4 mile loop trail located near Prince Frederick, Maryland that offers the chance to see wildlife. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for hiking, walking, trail running, and birding. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

I enjoyed this trail. With me, I had my two daughters who are 6 and 4. We did the Turkey Trail along with the Turkey Spur. They found it quite doable and enjoyed the hike. We will be back to do the full loop soon

peaceful

So glad I found this trail system it was very peaceful. Definitely will come back and try some of the other ones.

Saturday, March 18, 2017

Nice hike. Well marked and well maintained. I plan on coming back later in the spring to see everything in foliage. I also hiked the Horse Swamp Trail which is a 3 mile out and back trail that provides you an overlook of the bay.

Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Date: 8/30/2016 Great hike.

Sunday, April 17, 2016

easy enough hike with some good views

Tuesday, December 08, 2015

Never crowded, beautiful forest. But the trail has deteriorated over the years. The path through Horsehead Swamp is closed now, which is a shame because it was a great way to view beaver activity. The board system has fallen into disrepair. This is a part of the trail that is worth saving!

Friday, November 27, 2015

First time on this trail for a trail run. It was so-so in my opinion.
**Make sure you grab a map at the Parker's Trailhead sign in area (at the barn). The trails ARE well marked, but they do intersect and can be confusing.
Positives: views are awesome, the forest is gorgeous and I DID stay around 170bpm for list of the run. A few decent hills made this a fun run.

Negatives: Being fall, there are leaves coating the trail, so it's both difficult to see the trail AND obstacles. I nearly twisted an ankle on rocks, branches and roots more than a few times.

Saturday, November 21, 2015

Parkers Creek loop and Horse Swamp trail are my go to for trail running.

Monday, September 21, 2015

Beautiful forest. The trails are very well marked and maintained. Moderate to challenge hikes.

Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Wife and I hiked Turkey trail loop to include Turkey spur the 2nd week of August. A well maintained trail with excellent marking and signs at each trail intersection. A very nice visitor’s parking spot. Note trail head for Turkey trail is just after visitors parking before the barn (you sign in at the barn). You’re quickly engulfed by the woods and most is along Parkers Creek. We hiked mid-week, so trail was full of cobwebs (seemed like every 6 feet) so point person stayed busy. Bugs/Mosquitoes were noticeable. I plan to come back end of October early November. Hopefully that time of the year will let me focus more on the gorgeous scenery

Wednesday, June 17, 2015

If you want to get into the forest, away from it all, this is a great trail for you! A beautiful earthen trail in Prince Frederick, Maryland, the 3.8 mile loop is easy-to-moderate with only a few steady inclines. The views at this time of year along the creek are gorgeous with a lot of wildlife activity (heron, osprey, bald eagles, and others) - especially early morning and evening. Take the Turkey Spur to get right up to the waterline, then double back to continue along the loop. Insects will be a challenge during summer months in completely natural lands like ACLT's (no pesticides ever) so be ready with repellent. Another hiker gave 2 stars to this trail but was actually reviewing ACLT's Swamp Trail in a different area which has now been blocked off since the wetlands have overcome the trail. The Parkers Creek Loop is in excellent condition, is well marked and is really, really beautiful! Enjoy! ( Be sure to check out ACLT's all volunteer run farm by the trail head where all produce is donated to local food pantries.)

Sunday, May 24, 2015

We've come before on the Dares Beach Road side of the park(twice I think)....I remember that trail as being full of chiggers. This time we decided to start at the Scientist Cliffs entrance. I went with my two grown sons and two dogs. My son lead the way....we took the Swamp Trail. We got to the point after crossing a small bridge that we were actually in the swamp.....really in the swamp. My son kept going ahead. My shoes starting sinking. When I looked up and saw my son up to his crouch......we thought best to turn around. Not exactly your average walk in the park. Muck Muck.....

Sunday, February 08, 2015

Well maintained and marked; this trail provides variable scenery and elevation.

Sunday, March 02, 2014

Great little hike, good variety of terrain, very pretty and not a soul :) Found the trail well marked and not very difficult.
Easy parking.

Monday, September 16, 2013

This is one of my favorite trails. It's a great Hike due to the fact that its moderate and somewhat challenging. It has really nice views, but the trail isn't maintained very well.

Monday, March 25, 2013

Oh Man love this trail! There is like a ton of trails that are all challenging and fun. We hiked in freezing snow and it was still a blast!

Friday, March 15, 2013

Stunning views almost the whole way through. I loved hiking this trail! I got lucky and came on a day with zero fog and warm temperatures. Parking was easy and free.

Wednesday, December 15, 2010