Palmer State Park Yellow Trail Loop

Palmer State Park Yellow Trail Loop is a 3.8 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Street, Maryland that offers the chance to see wildlife and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and trail running.

Distance: 3.8 miles Elevation Gain: 337 feet Route Type: Loop

This hike is at Palmer State Park located at 3209 Forge Hill Rd in Street MD. The route has a good canopy so you are shaded most of the hike and the parking area is at the highest elevation so you will hike downhill to the creek then back up to your car.

Great trail! I did not have time to do the whole thing but will definitely come back when I get a chance. I’d love to bring my horse for trail rides here. A little rocky and parts but over all very smooth and well kept!

I highly recommend this 3.8 loop trail! I wanted to go exploring somewhere different today, so my beautiful friend and I went. The energy felt was so warm and powerful. We found so many quartz crystals and even a fairy grotto. It was uphill and downhill and looked amazing for bikers. We found chicken of the woods mushrooms and feathers of a blue jay and acorn woodpecker. Such a beautiful hike. The water was so refreshing and the fresh, pure air lifted our spirits.

Pretty woods beautiful creek

Such a great hike. It was quiet and I was glad it seems less trampled. The trail runs along side Deer Creek about half way round which was a great relief since it was such a hot day. Really lovely trail.

Easy trail, you go from white, to yellow to red/orange blaze and back. Elevations are gradual. Creek area over grown. A couple of trees down across path at one point & had to climb through.

The trails here are recently constructed and do still need some work. Near the river they are a bit overgrown and there are some stream crossings still in need of work. But the majority of the trails are well-maintained and lovely to hike. We did the entire loop, and as another poster said there are 3 colors. First white, then yellow, then red. Very peaceful. We saw only one other person in two hours.

It is so exciting to finally hike a trail here. Although this hike is called the yellow trail, please note it changes color. We took the downhill path to the white trail, to yellow(with a small detour to the temp flagged trail that MCC was actively working on today), to red, to yellow to white. The trail running along the river is a bit overgrown but still passable. Looking forward to watching Palmer State Park grow!

well maintained, nice views of deer Creek, and ripe wineberries in July.

Hiked the full loop and thoroughly enjoyed the solitude. My sense is that this park get very light use. Trails wee in great shape and very well blazed. Shade almost the entire hike.

Enjoyed this trail. It has lots of variety. We did accidently follow a trail under construction that ended, so we had to backtrack a little. It was a good 4 mile hike. Lots of uphill on way back to vehicle. Kids were tired out. Take lots of water on a hot day! Saw frogs and a chipmunk.

Wednesday, February 14, 2018