North Point State Park Trail

North Point State Park Trail is a 4 mile loop trail located near Sparrows Point, Maryland and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and walking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Definitely one of Maryland’s best trails. The walkways are well maintained and clearly labeled with signs. There are lovely view points (the marshland, many bay views, lovely forest views). Overall, this trial has made my top five in Maryland.

November and it was 75 degrees out. Great day for a hike down by the waterfront. I have a 4 mile hiking pattern worked out and I see wildlife all the time. The deer are very spooked so you need to have your camera ready. Lots of people walking their dogs today and a great day it was. Flies were a problem but that was because the tide was out so you need to keep moving. They only bugged me when I stopped by the water. The bay looked like glass all morning then I had to remove my sweatshirt before noon time.

Unless you are into military history, I found nothing spectacular here. Unmarked paved walkways, broken picnic tables, graffiti, and liter. Not well maintained. Would be nice to bring a child just learning to ride a bicycle, or a casual stroll - if it were cleaned up.

Had a great time. Well marked routes.

North point is a nice place for a quick family walk. The trails are mostly concrete and the brush is maintained.
The loops are short so getting lost is near impossible.

This is one of my favorite trails for a casual day. it is all flat and has a beautiful scenery. There are a few extended short paths to discover as well as the main loop.