North Point State Park Trail

North Point State Park Trail is a 4 mile loop trail located near Sparrows Point, Maryland and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and walking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Overcast-ed day with a nice breeze. My truck was the only vehicle in the upper parking lot. The trails on weekdays is all mine. I did see a few people fishing but didn't see anybody else hiking. Maybe that's because it looked like rain all day. That's why they make raincoats. I live in Elliott City and I have the entire Patapsco State Park but I always come back to where I grew up. There is two location in this park I love the best. The Old Oak Trail should be named the Holly Trail due to all the Holly trees on the one end. The other section is the Wetland Trail. I love the smell of all the Pine Trees on the upper end of the loop. Reminds me of the Holidays. I am a senior, everyday hiker and backpacker. This area is great for everybody and the dogs too. There are many ways to hike this area. I have worked it up to 4 miles and that's not counting the side out and back trails.

Unless you are into military history, I found nothing spectacular here. Unmarked paved walkways, broken picnic tables, graffiti, and liter. Not well maintained. Would be nice to bring a child just learning to ride a bicycle, or a casual stroll - if it were cleaned up.

Had a great time. Well marked routes.

North point is a nice place for a quick family walk. The trails are mostly concrete and the brush is maintained.
The loops are short so getting lost is near impossible.

This is one of my favorite trails for a casual day. it is all flat and has a beautiful scenery. There are a few extended short paths to discover as well as the main loop.

This was an enjoyable hike that is not too far of a trip from Baltimore. Despite the fact that it is late fall, there is a lot to see, and the shoreline and forest views are no less beautiful. We meandered around the main trail and took several of the smaller off-shoots. The abandoned building on the Power House loop has some cool graffiti inside and is worth a look. I also had fun looking for sea glass on the shoreline. The trails themselves were well-maintained and clearly marked. Overall, we had a great time!