North Point State Park Trail

North Point State Park Trail is a 4 mile loop trail located near Sparrows Point, Maryland that offers the chance to see wildlife and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and walking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

This is one of my favorite local trails, except in summer when the flies can get out of control. There are several smaller side trails to explore and you can also walk the road, a nice option when the trails are muddy or waterlogged. Really cool history surrounding the old amusement park here - I've only been able to go inside the visitor center once, but the old photos were amazing. The trolley station is my favorite part! It costs $3 or $4 Memorial-Labor Day if you live in state, and you can't bring dogs down to the beach during the summer. Honor payment system in the off-season but they do check passes.

Definitely one of Maryland’s best trails. The walkways are well maintained and clearly labeled with signs. There are lovely view points (the marshland, many bay views, lovely forest views). Overall, this trial has made my top five in Maryland.

November and it was 75 degrees out. Great day for a hike down by the waterfront. I have a 4 mile hiking pattern worked out and I see wildlife all the time. The deer are very spooked so you need to have your camera ready. Lots of people walking their dogs today and a great day it was. Flies were a problem but that was because the tide was out so you need to keep moving. They only bugged me when I stopped by the water. The bay looked like glass all morning then I had to remove my sweatshirt before noon time.

Unless you are into military history, I found nothing spectacular here. Unmarked paved walkways, broken picnic tables, graffiti, and liter. Not well maintained. Would be nice to bring a child just learning to ride a bicycle, or a casual stroll - if it were cleaned up.

Had a great time. Well marked routes.

North point is a nice place for a quick family walk. The trails are mostly concrete and the brush is maintained.
The loops are short so getting lost is near impossible.

This is one of my favorite trails for a casual day. it is all flat and has a beautiful scenery. There are a few extended short paths to discover as well as the main loop.

Monday, December 05, 2016

This was an enjoyable hike that is not too far of a trip from Baltimore. Despite the fact that it is late fall, there is a lot to see, and the shoreline and forest views are no less beautiful. We meandered around the main trail and took several of the smaller off-shoots. The abandoned building on the Power House loop has some cool graffiti inside and is worth a look. I also had fun looking for sea glass on the shoreline. The trails themselves were well-maintained and clearly marked. Overall, we had a great time!

Tuesday, November 08, 2016

Love this park....frequent it with my daughter. We have seen a number of wildlife...Turtles, frogs, foxes, woodpeckers, herrings, snakes...and its pup friendly most of the yr. The beach is a nice place to relax on and just look for rocks. Also during the winter months its frozen over...great pictures, lots of photo ops....

Thursday, September 29, 2016

Beautiful trail, has a beach and places for people to fish. Five stars!

Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Nice year round walk. Takes you through several different habitats including marsh, forest and field.

Thursday, May 26, 2016

I've been back a couple times since my last review from here and i'm so glad! Much better experience. The Power House trail and the shore views made it the best hike!

Monday, May 09, 2016

Came for a Mother's Day jaunt and was pleasantly surprised! The park has two fishing docks and a small beach! Many picnic tables and grills are sprinkled around the grounds nearest the water. The hiker-biker trail was relatively flat and somewhat marshy. There are many different vista points set up for bird/creature watching along the trail. We were very glad we visited in early May; it seems like it will get quite buggy when the Maryland summer humidity kicks in. If your looking for a low-key afternoon of wandering and exploring, this may be a good spot for you to check out! If you are geared up for a real hike with inclines and rocks scrambles this may not be the place for you!

Sunday, April 17, 2016

It was really mellow, not too busy, and clearly marked. We didn't get to enjoy the shoreline but we will be back next time to really explore.

Wednesday, March 09, 2016

Nice park and trails

Saturday, September 26, 2015

Great place for a quick hike with great views of the Chesapeake Bay. There is a good beach that not too many people know about by the old building which is a great place for off leash fun for the pup.

Sunday, May 31, 2015

Trail did not look at all difficult from what i saw of it. I'm a new hiker and didn't know the bugs would be so merciless (maybe they were having a bad day, who knows). Live and learn, you will need your "bug off" for this one.

Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Easy trail with both human history and natural history interest. The Nature Conservancy of Maryland (where I work) has developed an audio tour that you can take with you on the trail to better understand what you are seeing at points of interest along the way. (see link)

Monday, June 02, 2014

Pretty!

Sunday, March 17, 2013

Light hiking beautiful views on a sunny day! Our dog loves it it here and so do the kids lots if different things to look at mostly all flat walking .