easy 120 reviews

Morning Choice, Lewis and Clark, Chuck Norris, Three Sisters, Ridge Trail, Hop Snake, and Rockburn Loop is a 7 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Elkridge, Maryland that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 7.0 miles Elevation Gain: 600 feet Route Type: Loop

As others have said definetly use your GPS for this trail.The trail is poorly marked. I would also say this is a more intermediate trail in spots.That said its super fun trail and definetly worth a little getting lost on.

This ride almost certainly requires GPS. There are numerous forking trails that can take you all around patapsco. Without a navigation guide, you’ll find yourself quickly off course. Trail is great for getting started with mountain biking. More than a few craggy spots but overall very doable. Shaded throughout.

What a nice quiet trail. We only came across 3 bikers and 2 other couples on 7 miles. I would highly recommend using your All Trails app as there are many side feeders and you can get off track easily. But very scenic, went through a few wet areas and enjoyed the sounds of the river. Will definitely go back.

Great trail overall, but I ended up going about 9 miles because I had to double back several times. The trails, especially at intersections and near the river, aren't clearly marked. Will be doing this again for a trail run, for sure.

Sat Jan 19 2019

I loved this trail! lots of different terrain and sites to see. A little hard to follow at times. I believe I stayed on the course but I ended up walking over 10 miles not 7.

Sun Nov 25 2018

It’s a good trail in part, but becomes difficult to follow along extended loops and takes you into deep mucky wetlands that are better for biking than hiking. Today, I tried to do a 2 hour loop and ended up walking for almost four hours, including several tough river crossings, before giving up on the trail entirely, tracking to the nearest road through thick thorny brush before humping back to the truck. Unless you known where you’re going, go somewhere else. I will be.

Sun Sep 02 2018

Awesome trail that is very well maintained. Definitely a little confusing when you get to spots where there are other trails connected but as long as you have the map with you on your phone you’ll be good! Good variation of flat, uphill and downhills throughout the trail! Perfect for trail running if you want a moderate trail.

Mon Jul 09 2018

Super easy but pretty and great hike with kids.

Sun Jul 08 2018

lots of variety

Sun Jul 01 2018

Nice elevation up and down hill. My dog was tired.

Sun May 06 2018

the trail has no inductions.

Thu Apr 19 2018

Good trail. Got some good pictures on the way.

Sun Apr 15 2018

Trail is discernible, however too many forks in the road that don't clearly indicate which trail you're on.

Sun Nov 26 2017

Great place to get lost in the woods for awhile.

Sat Sep 23 2017

First try taking my hybrid "off road." Loved it. Nice loop trail with good variety and not too difficult for MB novices like me. Will like it even more when I take plunge into investing in a real deal mountain bike.

Wed Jun 28 2017

Didn't want to do the full 7.1 miles, so I did this 4.5 mile loop. Just follow the Yellow then Purple Trail markings. Clockwise loop will have less uphills. A few open fields, some steep hills and 3 stream crossings, and a great moderate level hike overall. Mountain Bikers were very courteous! Watch out for poison ivy on the narrow portions. There was quite a bit. Parking at Landing Rd (side of the road) will probably be full at peak times.

Sat Jun 03 2017

Definitely a confusing route! Great for dogs! A little busy with bikers, but they were all polite. I would have gotten on the wrong trails if it wasn't for AllTrails!

Sun Mar 05 2017

I live right next to these trails, I can walk to it. They are very nice to bike on, and very peacful excersise.

Wed Feb 22 2017

great disc gold course that is a hike itself

Tue Jan 17 2017

Good trails through the woods and across some streams, with a few abandoned structures to see.

Sun Nov 13 2016

Connects to lots of great trail running and mountain biking trails. Some trails skirt residential neighborhoods.

Sat Aug 06 2016

No trail markers and not maintained well. Too close to residential areas. Would be good for mountain biking.

Thu May 26 2016

Great trail, lots of hills and difficult terain. Good sized loop

Sat Apr 02 2016

Surrounded by houses and large power lines. Infested with glass, which I was scared for my dog, sport games and all the sounds entailing such, and onstantly hearing leaf blowers. Of the 3 hrs I had 10 min of quiet. I would have rated 1 star but seeing my dog run through the creek was awesome.

Sun May 31 2015

poorly marked and no maps. too close to ball fields and residential neighborhood

Fri Jan 03 2014

Quick access to Patapsco Valley State Park, right across Landing Rd. Super trails for biking and running.

Wed May 09 2012

Great time. First time on trails. Son and I will go many more times. They are adding a supper hard trail in june