Morgan Mill Trail

Morgan Mill Trail is a 2.6 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Glen Arm, Maryland that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs and horses are also able to use this trail.

This is a great trail in the Loch Raven watershed for getting an industrial workout. The main loop is around 2.6 miles, but can be easily extended by adding on adjacent loops. This trail has some of the longest grades of the various Loch Raven trails. Some of the spurs down to Loch Raven on the back side of the loop are very steep, and hikers would benefit from poles. All in all, a tremendous workout with beautiful vistas of Loch Raven.

My Fur baby and I walk this trail year round.

Fun little loop trail that is surprisingly not busy on the weekends. Be aware of where you are when going through the section under the power lines because the trail turns and isn't marked (but is apparent if you are looking at the trail map on here). If you follow the trail you are on there, it takes you on a side loop trail that adds a little distance to the hike.

Quiet on a weekday midday. Nice people, nice dogs, but only a few. Silence, no wind, no birds, no squirrels, but strong sunshine. Easy trail.

Love taking my dog here. Never gets as busy as other nearby parks can.

Awesome set of trails through some beautiful nature. Lots of mountain bikers. Not too many people, even on a Saturday.

Fun and challenging with a few short areas where you have to walk your bike because it’s too steep

Nice easy trail with gorgeous views of the Loch Raven Reservoir. We backtracked a bit near the end to add some extra time. This will definitely become one of our go-to quick weekday hikes.

This was the first "real" trail I hiked back in 1999 and it kicked my butt, but it also made me fall in love with hiking. I come back often and would categorize it as easy. On weekends when the road is closed, most foot traffic is on the road, not the trails, but parking can be tricky.

On the part of the trail closest to the bridge, there is a side trail that adds distance and some small hills. It loops back into this trail near the road. It's pretty easy to spot the trail but it's not marked.

Sunday, June 04, 2017

Easy and fun and super assessable!

Thursday, June 01, 2017

Beautiful area!

Monday, April 03, 2017

My boyfriend and I spent an enjoyable Monday afternoon meandering along this trail. We easily found parking, but had it been a nicer day on a weekend, it may have been trickier. We caught some views of the waterfront as the foliage has not yet filled in for the spring season. It was an easy, dry walk, but recent rainfall would make this trail quite muddy. I would revisit this trail to do some running or even just to get out of the house for fresh air. This was a very relaxing way to spend my day.

Sunday, November 13, 2016

Great trail, didn't think it was moderate though, on the easier side. Very friendly people. Lots of families with small children down by the water.

Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Beautiful trail, great wildlife, and very friendly people.

Tuesday, September 27, 2016

very nice

Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Amazing trail!

Saturday, March 12, 2016

I've hiked around the reservoir many times. I've done hikes as short as an hour and as Iong as 5 hours. My favorite starting spot is off dulaney valley just before the bridge over the reservoir. From here you can take the service road on the left which leads down to the reservoir after about a mile. From there you can hike another 5 miles or so, weaving your way along the water. You'll see fisherman, turtles, lots of vegetation and not very many people.

Friday, January 08, 2016

I had some trouble finding the trail path. I parked along the side of Dulaney Valley Road and then walked up a hill along a large path. This was on the left side of the road if you are heading north. I hiked along there for about 1.5 hours total, plus walked down to the reservoir. I do not know where the large path led but it didn't have views of the reservoir, I think it was a service road. I saw about 6 other people there. I will return again to do a longer hike and print out maps beforehand.

Friday, August 28, 2015

Many miles of trails around the reservoir, for hiking, biking and horses. Water views. You can go as long or as short as you want. Lots of side trails, and they connect with Cromwell Valley Park trails. Good hiking. Good phone and GPS signal.

Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Great Views on a leisure trail. There are a lot of rabbit trails around to explore. I think this is what they mean by 6.5 miles. trail is a mountain bike trail in truth. It's easy to find 5+ miles of trail without doubling up. A ton of wildlife around every time I go, especially deer. I prefer picking up one of the trails that drops down and follows the shore line and eventually circle back up to the loop. My Dog can't get enough of it. the Elev gain's depend on where you choose to go. I haven't mapped it but I'd be surprised if there's actually a 1000 ft gain from the water to the top of the hills in the area. a few parking spots located at the corner of Dulaney Valley Rd / Providence Rd right at the trail head. I've seen 1 Black snake so you might want to consider boots.

Monday, May 18, 2015

Its not a very long trail and its very light more like a walk through the woods and some areas of the reservoir. I don't know where the 6.5 mile was from as the detail. My dog loved the walk.

Friday, November 14, 2014

This trail is nowhere near 6.5 miles (more like 2mi), and it's nowhere near moderate difficulty. It's more like a nice woodsy trail to have a stroll with your dog. That's about it.

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Great family hiking and Mt. Biking trail. Start up hill in a wide easy path. At the power lines head to your right. At the 2nd trail on the left start to work your way back now but by adding to your trail. Go left at the next trail head and head down to the beach for some added fun before you jump back on the trail and hike back to you car!

1 hour ago