Morgan Mill Trail

Morgan Mill Trail is a 1.8 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Glen Arm, Maryland that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs and horses are also able to use this trail.

This was the first "real" trail I hiked back in 1999 and it kicked my butt, but it also made me fall in love with hiking. I come back often and would categorize it as easy. On weekends when the road is closed, most foot traffic is on the road, not the trails, but parking can be tricky.

On the part of the trail closest to the bridge, there is a side trail that adds distance and some small hills. It loops back into this trail near the road. It's pretty easy to spot the trail but it's not marked.

Easy and fun and super assessable!

Beautiful area!

My boyfriend and I spent an enjoyable Monday afternoon meandering along this trail. We easily found parking, but had it been a nicer day on a weekend, it may have been trickier. We caught some views of the waterfront as the foliage has not yet filled in for the spring season. It was an easy, dry walk, but recent rainfall would make this trail quite muddy. I would revisit this trail to do some running or even just to get out of the house for fresh air. This was a very relaxing way to spend my day.