Middle Patuxent River Trail

Middle Patuxent River Trail is a 3.6 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Laurel, Maryland that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Wow - this was a big surprise. Used to live about 1/4 from the trailhead on Murray Hill and somehow never knew it was there. This is a really nice path for walking, running or biking with nice scenery and elevation changes. And it was practically empty on a sunny spring Saturday!

nice paved trail. good for a moderately challenging walk alone or with a friend.

Sunday, May 20, 2018

Great walk,

Thursday, November 30, 2017

Parked at broadcloth and red clavet Columbia MD. So for me 5 stars means I would bring a friend back... I felt safe alone the entire time because houses and neighborhoods are close by. I was turned off at first because it’s pavement ... which doesn’t feel like hiking to me... plus at first it seemed like any bike path near my house but the plus was ... I could enjoy the scenery instead of looking down for obstacles. Lots of peaceful areas and water... and some cute wooden ‘bridges’ plus it had some hills instead of being all flat

Saturday, April 28, 2018