Merryman's Mill Trail

Merryman's Mill Trail is a 10.9 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Lutherville-Timonium, Maryland that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

So it is a beautiful place even though it is December. It however is really poorly marked. There are a lot of marks for the yellow trail though and those areas seemed to be the best taken care of. I am not sure how well this trail is maintained in the summer as it seemed like it was pretty overgrown in some areas the further you get on the trail. Overall though my youngest loved it and we all enjoyed our day. Do make sure you have the app with you and a map though, otherwise you could find yourself out here for a very long time.

Very nice trail. Not too difficult. Plenty of options to go different ways so you don’t have to do all 10+ miles if you don’t have a time or inclination.

This is a great hike, but can be very muddy in some sections.

I started at the Dulaney Valley Rd trailhead and ran to Warren Rd, then back. As others have said, these trails are not well marked and it's tough to find where the trail continues when you get to clearings under the power lines. The portions closest to the reservoir shoreline are very overgrown. An app or GPS is a must.

But, that means you generally will have the trail to yourself. I was out mid-morning on a Sunday and saw only a handful of people.

4th of July:
Quick 1-mile loop after a meal and a movie before nighttime fireworks. Great trail, it’s marked, and will definitely return to do the whole thing!

Wednesday, February 21, 2018

For the most part I love this trail, very scenic and the cemetery is cool. The first few times I got pretty lost though, especially before I had this app. Trails generally aren't blazed. I take my dog, but if you do PLEASE be wary.. I've encountered aggressive off-leash dogs and even one man with 7 or 8 dogs, 4 off leash.

Wednesday, August 02, 2017

Nicely kept trails. Some nice views. Practically zero signage. Few blazes...none that were useful to us. This app kept us on the right trail.

Friday, July 21, 2017

I love the diversity of this trail. Most areas I would consider to be easy, especially if you stay on the fire roads. Some of the side trails are more moderate, but nothing too challenging. Traffic is pretty light on this trail and gets even lighter the further out you go to explore, especially on the side trails. Lots of fun sights to find and explore, such as foundations of old homes, the cemetery and the creepy old cellar. Great trail overall and I can always find parking entering on either side of the trail.

Saturday, July 08, 2017

Saturday, July 01, 2017

Thursday, June 01, 2017

Great trail, well taken care of. Can be difficult in spots. Some nice scenery including a pair of nesting bald eagles.

Monday, May 29, 2017

I'd call this more of a walk than a hike- it was leisurely and relaxing. I did this trail by myself, and stopped at a few points along the way to just sit and think. The path is very clear and well-traveled. I don't know if the path gets super busy- I went when it was overcast- but I did see a few small groups and some joggers on the trail. It was a simple and easy walk, I'd recommend if that type of activity is something you enjoy!

Saturday, May 13, 2017

Gorgeous views, but the farther you walk along the reservoir, the more dangerous the angle of the path. You end up walking like a mountain goat and slipping a lot if its wet. Be careful!

Monday, February 13, 2017

Loved it. Would be nice if it had trash can available.

Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Excellent system- lots of loops and single track. Worth the run as loops all the way to Warren road north and Delaney valley south

Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Nice trails all paths and excellent scenery. There is a rich network of side trails and loops- excellent running!

Tuesday, December 13, 2016

I think we just went on the wrong side of the trail, if anyone has tips for how to navigate the beginning (where to park and start) please let me know!

Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Wonderful 3.4-mile loop from Pot Spring Road to Dulaney Valley Road, combining moderate climbing, dense woodland and nice vistas over Loch Raven.

Sunday, August 28, 2016

Great trail for hiking. We took our 7 year old son and 8 year old daughter and our Australian Sheppard and everyone enjoyed it. Some parts of the trail are on fairly steep hills but I never felt anyone was in danger of sliding down.

Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Really nice trail. Beautiful water. Saw a snaked and was terrified so that's why i gave it a 4.

Friday, June 17, 2016

awesome trail. children younger than 13 probably shouldn't go if you're going off the trail.

Friday, March 25, 2016

A nice walk, beautiful reservoir and wildlife.

Sunday, May 04, 2014

We started from Dulaney Valley Rd. near the bridge. The "official" trail takes you up the ridge where you can see an iggle's nest. If you take the "fisherman" trails closer to the water (just head toward the water to find these trails) you'll bypass the heart pumping elevation rises and see more interesting things. Except for the iggle. Note: there is no part of a bank that fishermen will leave unexplored, so even when you think the trail is going to die, head for the water and you will find more trail.

recorded Merryman's Mill Trail