Merryman's Mill Trail

Merryman's Mill Trail is a 9.3 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Lutherville Timonium, Maryland that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

beach

The trail along the water is quite a bit challenging due to the angle of terrain. I only saw 3 or 4 trees with blazes in this 4 mile loop. Every trail I took had down trees and much of the area is overgrown. Be sure to spray Permethrin on your clothes before you entry the woods. This place is a tick virus waiting to happen because you are always pushing branches or bushes away from your body. You need to come early or late because of limited parking and people are also fishing along the banks. I drove 45 minutes to get here I was truly disappointed. This complete area could use quite a bit of Trail Maintenance. The Gunpowder River trail was why I mainly came. Half of that section is a 45 degree angle hike. It's O.K. if you have two good legs but it put a hurting on this handicap senior.

Nicely kept trails. Some nice views. Practically zero signage. Few blazes...none that were useful to us. This app kept us on the right trail.

I love the diversity of this trail. Most areas I would consider to be easy, especially if you stay on the fire roads. Some of the side trails are more moderate, but nothing too challenging. Traffic is pretty light on this trail and gets even lighter the further out you go to explore, especially on the side trails. Lots of fun sights to find and explore, such as foundations of old homes, the cemetery and the creepy old cellar. Great trail overall and I can always find parking entering on either side of the trail.

Great trail, well taken care of. Can be difficult in spots. Some nice scenery including a pair of nesting bald eagles.

I'd call this more of a walk than a hike- it was leisurely and relaxing. I did this trail by myself, and stopped at a few points along the way to just sit and think. The path is very clear and well-traveled. I don't know if the path gets super busy- I went when it was overcast- but I did see a few small groups and some joggers on the trail. It was a simple and easy walk, I'd recommend if that type of activity is something you enjoy!

Gorgeous views, but the farther you walk along the reservoir, the more dangerous the angle of the path. You end up walking like a mountain goat and slipping a lot if its wet. Be careful!

Loved it. Would be nice if it had trash can available.

Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Excellent system- lots of loops and single track. Worth the run as loops all the way to Warren road north and Delaney valley south

Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Nice trails all paths and excellent scenery. There is a rich network of side trails and loops- excellent running!

Tuesday, December 13, 2016

I think we just went on the wrong side of the trail, if anyone has tips for how to navigate the beginning (where to park and start) please let me know!

Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Wonderful 3.4-mile loop from Pot Spring Road to Dulaney Valley Road, combining moderate climbing, dense woodland and nice vistas over Loch Raven.

Sunday, August 28, 2016

Great trail for hiking. We took our 7 year old son and 8 year old daughter and our Australian Sheppard and everyone enjoyed it. Some parts of the trail are on fairly steep hills but I never felt anyone was in danger of sliding down.

Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Really nice trail. Beautiful water. Saw a snaked and was terrified so that's why i gave it a 4.

Friday, June 17, 2016

awesome trail. children younger than 13 probably shouldn't go if you're going off the trail.

Friday, March 25, 2016

A nice walk, beautiful reservoir and wildlife.

Sunday, May 04, 2014

We started from Dulaney Valley Rd. near the bridge. The "official" trail takes you up the ridge where you can see an iggle's nest. If you take the "fisherman" trails closer to the water (just head toward the water to find these trails) you'll bypass the heart pumping elevation rises and see more interesting things. Except for the iggle. Note: there is no part of a bank that fishermen will leave unexplored, so even when you think the trail is going to die, head for the water and you will find more trail.