Merryman's Mill Trail

Merryman's Mill Trail is a 10.9 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Lutherville Timonium, Maryland that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

beach

The trail along the waters edge is quite rocky. - Lots of roots to trip over in that section too. - All the trails in this area are not marked very well so carry a backup map and be sure to use your All/Trails App. - To many Yellow trails. - If you are coming on a weekend, go early or late because parking is limited. -- The trails are well defined but not much maintenance is being done here. – Very overgrown so beware of Ticks. No access to drinking water so be sure to carry plenty. If you get it from the upper stream it’s best to Filter it. Better save then sorry.

I started at the Dulaney Valley Rd trailhead and ran to Warren Rd, then back. As others have said, these trails are not well marked and it's tough to find where the trail continues when you get to clearings under the power lines. The portions closest to the reservoir shoreline are very overgrown. An app or GPS is a must.

But, that means you generally will have the trail to yourself. I was out mid-morning on a Sunday and saw only a handful of people.

4th of July:
Quick 1-mile loop after a meal and a movie before nighttime fireworks. Great trail, it’s marked, and will definitely return to do the whole thing!

For the most part I love this trail, very scenic and the cemetery is cool. The first few times I got pretty lost though, especially before I had this app. Trails generally aren't blazed. I take my dog, but if you do PLEASE be wary.. I've encountered aggressive off-leash dogs and even one man with 7 or 8 dogs, 4 off leash.

Wednesday, August 02, 2017

Nicely kept trails. Some nice views. Practically zero signage. Few blazes...none that were useful to us. This app kept us on the right trail.

Friday, July 21, 2017

I love the diversity of this trail. Most areas I would consider to be easy, especially if you stay on the fire roads. Some of the side trails are more moderate, but nothing too challenging. Traffic is pretty light on this trail and gets even lighter the further out you go to explore, especially on the side trails. Lots of fun sights to find and explore, such as foundations of old homes, the cemetery and the creepy old cellar. Great trail overall and I can always find parking entering on either side of the trail.

Saturday, July 08, 2017

Thursday, June 01, 2017

Great trail, well taken care of. Can be difficult in spots. Some nice scenery including a pair of nesting bald eagles.

Monday, May 29, 2017

I'd call this more of a walk than a hike- it was leisurely and relaxing. I did this trail by myself, and stopped at a few points along the way to just sit and think. The path is very clear and well-traveled. I don't know if the path gets super busy- I went when it was overcast- but I did see a few small groups and some joggers on the trail. It was a simple and easy walk, I'd recommend if that type of activity is something you enjoy!

Saturday, May 13, 2017

Gorgeous views, but the farther you walk along the reservoir, the more dangerous the angle of the path. You end up walking like a mountain goat and slipping a lot if its wet. Be careful!

Monday, February 13, 2017

Loved it. Would be nice if it had trash can available.

Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Excellent system- lots of loops and single track. Worth the run as loops all the way to Warren road north and Delaney valley south

Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Nice trails all paths and excellent scenery. There is a rich network of side trails and loops- excellent running!

Tuesday, December 13, 2016

I think we just went on the wrong side of the trail, if anyone has tips for how to navigate the beginning (where to park and start) please let me know!

Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Wonderful 3.4-mile loop from Pot Spring Road to Dulaney Valley Road, combining moderate climbing, dense woodland and nice vistas over Loch Raven.

Sunday, August 28, 2016

Great trail for hiking. We took our 7 year old son and 8 year old daughter and our Australian Sheppard and everyone enjoyed it. Some parts of the trail are on fairly steep hills but I never felt anyone was in danger of sliding down.

Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Really nice trail. Beautiful water. Saw a snaked and was terrified so that's why i gave it a 4.

Friday, June 17, 2016

awesome trail. children younger than 13 probably shouldn't go if you're going off the trail.

Friday, March 25, 2016

A nice walk, beautiful reservoir and wildlife.

Sunday, May 04, 2014

We started from Dulaney Valley Rd. near the bridge. The "official" trail takes you up the ridge where you can see an iggle's nest. If you take the "fisherman" trails closer to the water (just head toward the water to find these trails) you'll bypass the heart pumping elevation rises and see more interesting things. Except for the iggle. Note: there is no part of a bank that fishermen will leave unexplored, so even when you think the trail is going to die, head for the water and you will find more trail.