Merryman's Mill Trail

Merryman's Mill Trail is a 9.3 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Lutherville Timonium, Maryland that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

beach

The trail along the water is quite a bit challenging due to the angle of terrain. I only saw 3 or 4 trees with blazes in this 4 mile loop. Every trail I took had down trees and much of the area is overgrown. Be sure to spray Permethrin on your clothes before you entry the woods. This place is a tick virus waiting to happen because you are always pushing branches or bushes away from your body. You need to come early or late because of limited parking and people are also fishing along the banks. I drove 45 minutes to get here I was truly disappointed. This complete area could use quite a bit of Trail Maintenance. The Gunpowder River trail was why I mainly came. Half of that section is a 45 degree angle hike. It's O.K. if you have two good legs but it put a hurting on this handicap senior.

Nicely kept trails. Some nice views. Practically zero signage. Few blazes...none that were useful to us. This app kept us on the right trail.

I love the diversity of this trail. Most areas I would consider to be easy, especially if you stay on the fire roads. Some of the side trails are more moderate, but nothing too challenging. Traffic is pretty light on this trail and gets even lighter the further out you go to explore, especially on the side trails. Lots of fun sights to find and explore, such as foundations of old homes, the cemetery and the creepy old cellar. Great trail overall and I can always find parking entering on either side of the trail.