Lost Pond Trail

Lost Pond Trail is a 4.1 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Kingsville, Maryland that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 4.1 miles Elevation Gain: 213 feet Route Type: Out & Back

Very overgrown after the switchback going back towards/along the River. I had a little trouble following trail bc it was so overgrown. Use lots of bug spray! I would recommend for kids 5+.

This was my first ever hike with my kids. It was amazingly beautiful and they loved it. Even my 3 yr old. It was muddy in certain areas but you could find a way around it. I loved that the trail had all these little different “obstacles” a bridge here a fallen tree there a small creek as you hiked through. Very well shaded. With a water view all along the hike. Some great spots for swimming. Very well populated on a Sunday.

A nice hike if you are looking to get out into the woods without fully exerting yourself. Most of the trail is very flat, but there are some sections of climbs into higher woods. Once you get past Pot Rocks, the trail becomes somewhat overgrown and can be difficult to traverse. The area of the trail along the river is extremely popular through the warm months due to the many swimming holes.

Back part of the trail was overgrown and recent rain had it muddy. Still wasn't a bad trek with a 4 yr old in tow.

First time on this trail. Love the walk next to the river. Great spots to swim and very dog friendly. Once you get a little farther in, the path is very over grown. Be prepared to duck and push brush out of your way. Over all a good hike.

we absolutely loved it, this trail is very dog friendly. and at the end of trail there is creek, beautiful freshwater. Be mindful the rocks in the creek is very slippery.

Out to the swimming area was great besides mud and occasional bugs. We decided to go out and complete the loop and it was intense. Insanely hard to follow because it’s so overgrown and swarms of bugs each step. By the time we got back down alongside the water I wasn’t even sure I was on a path anymore. Would recommend along the water before the loop, but after, only go if you’re looking for a jungle-type experience. Oh, and bring bugspray.

There are many muddy spots, as mentioned before along with with uprooted trees making the trail a little hard to follow around the bend, For the most part it was clearly marked, and secluded once you pass the overlook.

Starting at Pot Rocks there were few people. It was muddy in a couple places and at some points trees have fallen and obstructed the trail with big branches. Overall, it was Lovely and secluded. Took our medium sized dogs, who enjoyed it. However, there were a few places where we had to lift and pass the dogs to get over rocks and other obstructions. It had an easy incline and beautiful scenery.

February in Maryland... you already know how the trails are going to be. That being said - The trails were still easy to navigate and find detours around downed trees. Most, if not all of the trail was quite enjoyable despite some slippery up-hill sections. Totally worth the hike on any half decent day if you are close to the area. Parking lot is large and very visible to road and I never felt worried about my vehicle which is a plus! The entire area is beautiful and the water is great. Perfect for taking the kids or the dog... bring a lunch lol See some of the trail here! https://youtu.be/pSX1javbMS4

The first mile up to the pot rocks is easy and offered a few fun side views for my family and I to take pictures of like a the tree with a huge hole in it, a fallen tree we practiced climbing over, and a mini climb up to an interesting rock. The pot rocks were great fun! We stayed for about and hour and saw a handful of people during that time. Afterwards we packed up and headed to the overlook and continued the hike. My dad turned back at this point and it was a good thing because the next four miles would have been too much. Almost as soon as you pass the overlook, the path becomes covered with fallen trees. It’s easy enough to spot the next trail blaze across the trees and navigate over them. We had a leashes beagle and he did well on this part. Once we got to the half way mark of the trail the path disappeared. We ended up wandering around for a bit before my cousin went ahead and crossed a fallen tree over a stream and found the blue blazes. We crossed too and my cousin carried our dog over. After this point up until we reached the pot rocks again the trail was very overgrown but at least we saw some trail markers, although some of them were faded. We definitely got a lot of adventure—more than we thought we would and enjoyed ourselves greatly! It was a challenge with the trail being unkept but fun. There is a lot of trash leading up to the pot rocks so if you are only going to the pot rocks bring a trash bag to take some with you. I would definitely go again, even with the trail being the way it is.