Lost Pond Trail

Lost Pond Trail is a 4.1 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Kingsville, Maryland that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Nice hike with beautiful leaves changing colors. Definitely recommend a backpack carrier for any little ones because some of the paths get pretty narrow and there are multiple streams to cross on rocks.

Hiked this trail with a friend. I have it clocked at closer to 5.75 miles than 4.1 according to the Fitbit. Beautiful views of the water, plenty of places to stop for photos and walk out on the rocks. The Lost Pond Loop is very nice (we didn’t see an actual pond) and takes you deeper into the woods. Note, the second half of the Lost Pond Loop is overgrown, and single person only. Lots of sticky plants so be careful. Also note there are several steam crossings on this trail. Overall we still really enjoyed the trail. Hiked in autumn with beautiful changing leaves.

Was beautiful scenery, enjoyed it with friends

Great after work hike. Nice views of the river. So some ducks and deer.

This is a nice trail for families if you cut it a bit short. I hike here with my 2yo daughter and she enjoys it. we hike out to the large rocks about a mile or so out and have lunch sitting on the rocks (they are on the right just past the trail split for lost pond loop) then we hike back. Its a good distance for her she just starts to get tired and wants to be picked up when we get back to the car. Lots of young adults use this trail most of the summer so it tends to get littered with beer bottles and trash, i take a couple bags and a day pack and try to clean up some as we hike. If everybody did we could keep this trail relatively clean.

I hiked 5 miles of this section and it was a breezy day. The Lost Pond trail follows the river for about 2 miles. Although this section is mainly flat it does become a bit rocky. Before you start heading up the ridge, the trail is very overgrown and inundated with invasive plants so beware of ticks and sticker bushes The trail is only one person wide so you may eat a lot of cob-webs if you are first on the trail. Once you go up top or if you hike the Sawmill trail you will feel like you are in heaven compared to down below. The area is well defined and all the trail are painted or there are signs with directions.

Pretty good trail. Dogs loved going in and out of the river. A bit crowded today.

Very nice trail for a leisurely hike and a cool dip in the river. The fishing for small bass and panfish is incredibly fun. The parking lot fills up fast as does some of the sandy areas of the river. There seems to be a problem with people leaving trash and adult beverage containers all around, especially on hot days. Please pack out what you bring. Too many people at the Pot Rocks in warm weather so I usually hike the Wildlands trail through the tunnel on the other side of the park. There are geocaches throughout the park. Enjoy.

Nice easy beautiful trail!

I went hiking with my dogs we all love it

Fun for kids and dogs!

This was an amazing walk/hike. I am by no means a hiker - this was my first time out hiking in maybe 10 years. The Lost Pond trail is pretty easy with the exception of lots of rocks as you get closer to Pot of Rocks. We also weren't really expecting to cross a stream and ended up detouring on the Sawmill Trail in the wrong direction. We enjoyed it though! Much steeper, some waterfalls, and there was no traffic so it was very peaceful. When we got to the other side of that trail we had to redo the ground we already covered in Lost Pond. Worth it though! We crossed the stream we overlooked (fun!) and made our way to Pot of Rocks. It was fun climbing over the massive rocks and lots of people were swimming. I recommend going early (8 or 9) since as we left around 1130 there was a TON of foot traffic and a full parking lot and cars lining Bel Air Road. Easy hike - if you want an bit of a challenge do the Sawmill Trail on your way in. Made it feel like more of an accomplishment.

Trail was ok hike for a hot day. Did the loop that includes the Sawmill branch trail which was definitely worth it. Pretty added loop. There were A LOT of people frolicking in the river and the parking lot was packed. parts of the trail after pot of rocks was pretty overgrown but easy to follow.

Nice loop trail. Takes you past pot rocks which is a nice spot to relax. Part of the trail is a little tight from overgrowth.

This was a beautiful hike! Plenty of views of the Forrest, water, and nature that inhabits both! I read the reviews about the Trail being overgrown and markings but figured it wouldn't be that bad. Yes, it's a Trail and it's narrow at points with vegetation all around but it is clear and marked. If you're from the city and/or don't like vegetation, mud, and insects touching you then this isn't your Trail. It gets tight at points but is overall a great hike! Well worth it. It looks like most people stop at Pot Rocks. I really suggest continuing and finishing the trail. The Trail out to Pot Rocks is very clear and well marked. After that it gets narrower and a more hilly/vegetation covered. We went after it rained at night so it was muddy but so much fun! Enjoy!

Great morning walk

The pictures do not do this trail justice! It is absolutely BEAUTIFUL when everything is nice and green and the weather is warm. The only downfall is once you pass the crossroads for the pot rocks and lost pond area, the trail gets very narrow and there are a lot of thorns. I can't wait to go back.

My boyfriends and I enjoy this trail on a nice Saturday morning. The only downfall is it can be very busy on the weekends.

very nice trail, once you get about 2 miles into it you'll have the trail to yourself and its nice and peaceful.

awesome trail, great for kids and dogs.