Lost Pond Trail

Lost Pond Trail is a 4.1 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Kingsville, Maryland that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Nice easy beautiful trail!

I went hiking with my dogs we all love it

Fun for kids and dogs!

This was an amazing walk/hike. I am by no means a hiker - this was my first time out hiking in maybe 10 years. The Lost Pond trail is pretty easy with the exception of lots of rocks as you get closer to Pot of Rocks. We also weren't really expecting to cross a stream and ended up detouring on the Sawmill Trail in the wrong direction. We enjoyed it though! Much steeper, some waterfalls, and there was no traffic so it was very peaceful. When we got to the other side of that trail we had to redo the ground we already covered in Lost Pond. Worth it though! We crossed the stream we overlooked (fun!) and made our way to Pot of Rocks. It was fun climbing over the massive rocks and lots of people were swimming. I recommend going early (8 or 9) since as we left around 1130 there was a TON of foot traffic and a full parking lot and cars lining Bel Air Road. Easy hike - if you want an bit of a challenge do the Sawmill Trail on your way in. Made it feel like more of an accomplishment.

Trail was ok hike for a hot day. Did the loop that includes the Sawmill branch trail which was definitely worth it. Pretty added loop. There were A LOT of people frolicking in the river and the parking lot was packed. parts of the trail after pot of rocks was pretty overgrown but easy to follow.

Nice loop trail. Takes you past pot rocks which is a nice spot to relax. Part of the trail is a little tight from overgrowth.

This was a beautiful hike! Plenty of views of the Forrest, water, and nature that inhabits both! I read the reviews about the Trail being overgrown and markings but figured it wouldn't be that bad. Yes, it's a Trail and it's narrow at points with vegetation all around but it is clear and marked. If you're from the city and/or don't like vegetation, mud, and insects touching you then this isn't your Trail. It gets tight at points but is overall a great hike! Well worth it. It looks like most people stop at Pot Rocks. I really suggest continuing and finishing the trail. The Trail out to Pot Rocks is very clear and well marked. After that it gets narrower and a more hilly/vegetation covered. We went after it rained at night so it was muddy but so much fun! Enjoy!