Little Gunpowder Trail to Jerusalem Mills Trail Loop is a 4.2 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Kingsville, Maryland that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Heads up: LOWER PORTION OF TRAIL FLOODED 11/4/2018

Awesome trail. Lots to look at!

This was my first time on this trail. It took awhile to find the trailhead. Once I found the trailhead, I planned on working the loop in a counterclockwise direction. I got to the top of the loop and could not find where to continue the loop. I tried the path in the break in the woods where the electrical poles are and other paths that took me towards backyards. I ended up backtracking my steps and making it an up and out trail. Lots of wildlife on the trail. My dog and I walked up on multiple deer, a turtle, and the ranger and his horse. I would try this trail again with the plan to go in a clockwise direction to see if the loop is easier that way.

Great trail. Beautiful scenery. Access to covered bridge and historical places.

I’ve been coming here since I was little
There are multiple trail options to choose from, you have lots of beautiful scenery around u, the river runs right by you and you can walk through it since it’s usually pretty low and you can see people fishing in it from time to time depending on its levels
Very nice trail to walk with the kids

Agree with past reviewers... trail is more easy than moderate. Not much hard climbing. Best part is the river views. This stretch of river is mostly low grade falls, which makes for nice background music.

Ran the loop again. Missed one major turn. iPhone ran out near the end; Garmin says 1:00:23 time, 4.62 mi, 370C, 488 gain, 495 loss, and average HR 135 bpm. Recording posted.

Great trail run on a well-marked looped course featuring it all —single and double track, on rooty, rocky, gravel, grass, and hilly terrain (501/550 gain/loss per 4.2 mi loop). I trust my Garmin’s output on elevation gain/loss over the trek’s recorded output; I don’t believe it is as accurate (see my posted recorded trek, there is a significant difference, especially when doing multiple loops). I went off course 2-3 times more so due to speed than focus at those particular points where I went off. This trail has a moderate stream crossing and plenty of sharp turns, but any lost time can be made up on the numerous straightaways. Again, great trail run.

Solid trail. A bit crowded along the stream but once you get to the elevation segment it really opens up. Great hike for the dogs and myself.

Great trail! Well marked... more easy than moderate but overall a perfect day hike!

While the main trail to the swimming hole in Gunpowder can be quite busy, most of the other trails have low traffic. This makes them great for bird and wild life watching. This is one of our favorite go to trails!

Nice peaceful hicking not busy early mornings ., no swim holes for dogs

great hike

Sunday, October 22, 2017

relatively easy walk along the river. Great views of the stream for most of the hike

Wednesday, October 18, 2017

After running trails in eastern Baltimore co., i.e. flat, this was a nice change of pace with the elevation gain.
Parking can be tricky if they have something going on.
It was a very enjoyable run with some nice scenery and a good bit of wildlife ( deer and chipmunks). Next time I plan on adding on the quarry trail to up the mileage.

Wednesday, September 13, 2017

The pond rocks were very cool. And we saw a lot of wildlife: deer, toads, snakes, and all sorts of birds. I also like the portion of the trail that was up higher on the hillside. There was a lot of trash along the trail, some of it was rather gross. There was also about a mile of trail that was concealed with overgrown thorny bushes, making it difficult to pass. Good for a short day hike but nothing too exciting.

Sunday, September 10, 2017

The north part of the real no longer exists. please follow trail markers instead of this map

Monday, August 28, 2017

Saturday, June 24, 2017

I I will I will keep linoo my

mymy you

Sunday, June 04, 2017

First time on this trail. Well marked. Jerusalem Mill is worth the stop.

Sunday, June 04, 2017

First time on this trail. Well marked. Jerusalem Mill is worth the stop.

Saturday, June 03, 2017

This hike is easy for me and portion of it is kind of boring. Once I hiked to the waterfall/swimming hole by accident, and that part is well worth it.

Tuesday, April 11, 2017

We had a lot of fun on this trip. We definitely learned a lot from coming out here. The morning got off to a rough start, we went to the wrong location to start with and then my new hydration pack started to leak. We couldn't ask for better weather. The main thing we ran into is we crossed us 1 and kept going so we hiked a lot longer then planned, around a total of 8 miles. Even with the hiccups we ran into it was an awesome day and would definitely recommend this trail.

Tuesday, April 04, 2017

It is a lightly used trail that is good for something like a two hour hike and has beautiful scenery of The gunpowder river

Saturday, March 25, 2017

Friday, January 20, 2017

Lovely! Muddy, but quiet and beautiful

Thursday, December 01, 2016

Beautiful hike. Started on the White Trail, and ended up losing the markers somehow. With the help of this app, managed to cross the field with the gravel road and start following the Blue Trail on the other side and was able to loop back that way. Found a mummified frog there too!

Sunday, November 20, 2016

Great hike...there was enough trails to avoid the traffic on the weekend and water access almost the entire trail which was nice for my dog! Beautiful fallage. Only tip I would give is wear pants/jeans. Some of the less traveled trails are pretty 'thorny', and be prepared to have to maneuver your dog around others (at times) the trail was so skinny it made a bit tough. Would definitely go back!