Little Gunpowder Trail to Jerusalem Mills Trail Loop

Little Gunpowder Trail to Jerusalem Mills Trail Loop is a 4.3 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Kingsville, Maryland that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

While the main trail to the swimming hole in Gunpowder can be quite busy, most of the other trails have low traffic. This makes them great for bird and wild life watching. This is one of our favorite go to trails!

Nice peaceful hicking not busy early mornings ., no swim holes for dogs

great hike

relatively easy walk along the river. Great views of the stream for most of the hike

After running trails in eastern Baltimore co., i.e. flat, this was a nice change of pace with the elevation gain.
Parking can be tricky if they have something going on.
It was a very enjoyable run with some nice scenery and a good bit of wildlife ( deer and chipmunks). Next time I plan on adding on the quarry trail to up the mileage.

The pond rocks were very cool. And we saw a lot of wildlife: deer, toads, snakes, and all sorts of birds. I also like the portion of the trail that was up higher on the hillside. There was a lot of trash along the trail, some of it was rather gross. There was also about a mile of trail that was concealed with overgrown thorny bushes, making it difficult to pass. Good for a short day hike but nothing too exciting.

The north part of the real no longer exists. please follow trail markers instead of this map

Excellent hike.

Lots to explore

nice hike in the woods

I I will I will keep linoo my

mymy you

First time on this trail. Well marked. Jerusalem Mill is worth the stop.

First time on this trail. Well marked. Jerusalem Mill is worth the stop.

This hike is easy for me and portion of it is kind of boring. Once I hiked to the waterfall/swimming hole by accident, and that part is well worth it.

90 Degrees and Humid. Sweat my butt off. This was the first time I hiked this trail. I enjoyed it quite a bit. I got detoured due to old Trees being cut down. I wasn't allowed in the Down Zone. Sure glad I had my All/Trails program up and running. I ended up hiking the Power Line stone road and boy it was hot.The Jerusalem Mills Trail is marked in Blue and the Thru-Trail ( River ) was marked in White. Easy to follow but I still managed to miss one trail. Most all the trails are wide so ticks may not be a issue in this area. Pretty flat trails with only a few rocks.

We had a lot of fun on this trip. We definitely learned a lot from coming out here. The morning got off to a rough start, we went to the wrong location to start with and then my new hydration pack started to leak. We couldn't ask for better weather. The main thing we ran into is we crossed us 1 and kept going so we hiked a lot longer then planned, around a total of 8 miles. Even with the hiccups we ran into it was an awesome day and would definitely recommend this trail.

It is a lightly used trail that is good for something like a two hour hike and has beautiful scenery of The gunpowder river

Friday, January 20, 2017

Lovely! Muddy, but quiet and beautiful

Thursday, December 01, 2016

Beautiful hike. Started on the White Trail, and ended up losing the markers somehow. With the help of this app, managed to cross the field with the gravel road and start following the Blue Trail on the other side and was able to loop back that way. Found a mummified frog there too!