Lapidum Rock Run Loop

Lapidum Rock Run Loop is a 4.9 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Havre de Grace, Maryland that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, nature trips, birding, and horses and is best used from March until September. Dogs and horses are also able to use this trail.

Hilly hike to Rock Run Mill and Mansion. Orange trail head straight ahead at end of driveway. Follow to Rock Run road. Left to Quaker Bottom Road. Cross Bridge and watch for Yellow trail on left. Follow to White trail, turn right. Follow to Red/Blue trail (Mason Dixon). Turn left and follow to the Mill (restrooms). Turn left on Rock Run road. Watch on right for Red (look for creek ford). Turn right off road, ford creek, and follow Red trail. Watch on left for crossover trail #4. Turn left, follow to blue trail at tree edge. Turn left and follow to Orange trail (Watch for Orange trail on right post top in ground) before the Blue trail goes into the woods. Turn right on Orange Trail and follow it along the tree edge back to the start.

loved the scenery and difficulty of the trail, but keeping the right trail is definitely a task. we ended up with 7 miles instead of 4.

Hard to follow this trail, even using the map from this app. That said, this is a very pretty park with lots of trails and variety.

I wish I would of read the reviews before I took this trail. The reviews were right, it's impossible to follow. We also had to hike the road to find the orange trail back to the car. 4 miles turned into 7+ quickly. Was a nice hike but I also would not do this again until they figure out how to better mark the trails.

This trail was impossible to follow. No matter which way I went I couldn't seem to follow the trail. I eventually had to follow the roads before I could hook back up with Trail which resulted in an extra 2 miles being added to the hike. While it's a pretty area and there were some decent elevation on the trail parts that I was able to follow I wouldn't consider this trail again.

Sunday, March 06, 2016

There are a number of hiking trails within the Susquehanna State Park you can hike so I recommend you print off the trail map from their web page. I hiked the Susquehanna Trail from Lapidum and then came back using the Land of Promise Trail. There are enough trail in the park to keep you busy for a day.

Monday, June 08, 2015

Great hike connected with Land of Promise Tr. to create a 2 mi loop.
Difficulty: Mod. Beautiful, well maintained