Jerusalem Mills to Harford Road

Jerusalem Mills to Harford Road is a 6.1 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Kingsville, Maryland that features a great forest setting. The trail is good for all skill levels and primarily used for hiking, walking, and trail running. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Note: To get to Little Gunpowder proper you have to cross the bridge on Bel Air Road and go down the stairway. If you attempt to cross at Hartford there is a narrow bridge with no pedestrian access that would be extremely dangerous to walk across since vehicles cannot see you as they come around the corner so walk back the same way.

My husband, our 3 year old son, and our golden retriever puppy did 4 miles of the trail. It was beautiful and peaceful. Good for families with small kids; they can walk for awhile and then be put in the carrier. We saw a group of firefighter cadets and 5 couples on the path. We will be doing this one again!

this trail is great, I am a novice mountain biker, but have plenty of history on 2 wheels. At first, I wasn't impressed at all, until about 2 miles in (after the open field of power line towers) my opinion instantly changed and I was having a blast.
I gave 4 stars because of the rocks and roots, some spots are nearly impossible to ride through. I walked for a total of about 10 minutes in the first 2 miles.

Ran it today for the first time. Loved it.

I am new to hiking, but this trail was a great start.

rails trails

Nice easy hike. Watch the switch over at Bel Air Road. Ended up on the trail on the south side of the river but that was fine. Nice picnic area for after the hike.