Jerusalem Mills to Harford Road

Jerusalem Mills to Harford Road is a 6 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Kingsville, Maryland that features a great forest setting. The trail is good for all skill levels and primarily used for hiking, walking, and trail running. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Note: To get to Little Gunpowder proper you have to cross the bridge on Bel Air Road and go down the stairway. If you attempt to cross at Hartford there is a narrow bridge with no pedestrian access that would be extremely dangerous to walk across since vehicles cannot see you as they come around the corner so walk back the same way.

Pretty solid trail

Good and easy trail. Took six eleven-year-old boys from J. Mills to Bel air Rd and back. The small water crossing was exciting,(not shown on the map, right after the first double back) I'd anticipate it to dry up in the coming months. Enough of a slope to let beginners get a small taste of what it's like.

Sunday, August 06, 2017

My husband, our 3 year old son, and our golden retriever puppy did 4 miles of the trail. It was beautiful and peaceful. Good for families with small kids; they can walk for awhile and then be put in the carrier. We saw a group of firefighter cadets and 5 couples on the path. We will be doing this one again!

Wednesday, July 19, 2017

this trail is great, I am a novice mountain biker, but have plenty of history on 2 wheels. At first, I wasn't impressed at all, until about 2 miles in (after the open field of power line towers) my opinion instantly changed and I was having a blast.
I gave 4 stars because of the rocks and roots, some spots are nearly impossible to ride through. I walked for a total of about 10 minutes in the first 2 miles.

Sunday, May 21, 2017

Ran it today for the first time. Loved it.

Saturday, May 20, 2017

I am new to hiking, but this trail was a great start.

Sunday, April 02, 2017

Nice easy hike. Watch the switch over at Bel Air Road. Ended up on the trail on the south side of the river but that was fine. Nice picnic area for after the hike.

Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Good well maintained trail that is good for all ages

Saturday, March 25, 2017

Well marked trail very well maintained. Great weather this weekend for a hike.

Sunday, March 05, 2017

My amateur attempt at trail running, but a seriously awesome trail! A few areas of slick mud today, I think it rained 2 or 3 days ago. The parking lots were almost at capacity, but only ran into a few people on my run.

Monday, February 20, 2017

Nice hike along the Gunpowder, Well marked trail. Note: one of the streams kinda a pain to cross when it runs high but it was actually pretty fun.

Sunday, January 25, 2015

You can actually start at either end, which is convenient. There's a parking lot at Jerusalem Mills and also one just south of where US-1 (Harford/Belair Rd) crosses the Little Gunpowder. Just like the shorter trails that start and end at the Mills, it's moderately hilly and rocky, which obviously makes it more difficult for the faster stuff (like running or biking). You can't really get lost, but it's easy to end up on the wrong loop and go a lot farther than you planned, so pay attention to the blue and white markings.

recorded Jerusalem Mill