Hashawha Loop Trail

Hashawha Loop Trail is a 3.3 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Westminster, Maryland that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

I hike and run here often with my dogs. The main loop is about 1.8 miles but there are offshoot trails that go further up and back. Off of the main loop, it is not well marked whatsoever and trail maps online are not very accurate. The trails also overlap with the equestrian trails. Don't get me wrong, I love Hashawha, but it's not ideal for trail runs over 3 miles or moderate-long hikes.

Decent parking, most everyone is friendly, dogs welcome, lots of wildlife.

Few different trails to choose from. my favorite is the vista trail aka white trail takes you next to the raptor cages. I have pictures posted. I love looking at the birds especially the bald eagle.

Family friendly!

One of my favorites !!

It's an okay hike but not well marked at all.

The trails are poorly marked. I would also rate as easy, not moderate. Nice place for a family gathering.

Good experience. Was planning on doing the 3.3 mile loop, however, some spots were overgrown and it was wet, so I decided to head back. Only did 1.7 miles, but there was a variety of different terrain and scenery. Very quiet, beautiful place. Will definitely visit again on a dry morning.

Always a favorite with my dog who lives the stream.