Hashawha Loop Trail

Hashawha Loop Trail is a 3.3 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Westminster, Maryland that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

I live local,and this was my first time doing the whole loop. The beginning part of the trail is wide, well groomed and flatish. I think of it as an upper and a lower loop. The upper loop is a steeper, moderate hike, the trail is single track and fairly overgrown in some spots. We saw lots of local wildlife, including a turtle, and many birds, and a beaver dam. There was a also a house from the 1800's and a 300 yr old white oak tree to see. I enjoyed the hike!

I ride here often and would consider myself an intermediate rider. There are plenty of challenges and miles and miles of trails. Many of which I have never ventured into. Lots of challenging climbs, long downhills and some challenges you will discover. Be wary of hikers and dog walkers closer to the nature center as bikers must give right of way to hikers and an occasional horse. Map your ride and if you find yourself "lost", just head towards the nature center direction.

Not marked well