I live in the area and hike through Leakin Park all of the time. I have never been concerned for my safety. But of course, it is wise to bring a friend and cell phone. The park has excellent reception.

That being said, I am not sure which trail is being represented by this entry. The map looks like one leg of the GFT, a paved multiuser path. This path is over 15 miles, goes past Camden Yards, and has a great website and app if it's own.

There are hiking trails within Leakin Park. The friends of GF/LP website is a good starting point for info. Check out our ParkRun!

The stream that runs through the park is named the Gwynn Falls. There is no waterfall associated with it! Similar to the situation with the Jones Falls stream. The misnaming confuses a lot of people and is a bit unfortunate.

Poor Leakin park suffers from its urban location. If you come hiking, please bring a bag to pick up some trash. We appreciate your help. As do the foxes, owls, and other critters that make the park their home.