Grist Mill Trail

Grist Mill Trail is a 5.2 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Catonsville, Maryland that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Love doing this trail! I have been twice now. Both times with a dog and once with a baby. Great trail paved and with awesome views and experiences!

Nice place to jog

Beautiful paved trail that runs pararell to train tracks still in use. Very nice ruins to see, an old dam and two really fun suspension bridges to cross

My friend and I started our hike at the Lost Lake parking lot. We started out on Grist Mill Trail. This trail was entirely paved (which was a little boring), but along the way, we spotted little viewing spots of the Patapsco River, tunnels underneath the train tracks, and even a few little tunnel-like passages that while I wouldn't recommend going into, were fascinating to see. At the swinging bridge off of Grist Mill, we crossed onto the Cascade Trail, which was much more rugged. It crossed streams and waterfalls many times and had lots of opportunities to explore the surrounding areas. This hike was only about 5 or 6 miles long but one of my favorites so far.

Easy scenic walk with beautiful views of the river on a wide, flat, paved trail.

I do this section of the Patapsco Valley State Park only when most of the trails are wet from rainstorms the night before. I always wait one day for the trails to dry out. This loop is All Paved in Blacktop. Easy hike and it's mainly all Flat with rolling hills. The complete section is mainly in the Shade. There are only one spot in the Sun and that's down by the Playground.

Pretty crowded on a Saturday afternoon, especially near the swinging bridge, but overall a lovely, fairly easy hike.

It was Well maintained and nice hike. Went with few friends had an awesome time.