Grist Mill Trail

Grist Mill Trail is a 5.2 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Catonsville, Maryland that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

This was my only second hike since my ligament injure known as Plantar Fasciitis. It's still needs time to Heal but doesn't seem to get any better. I may need a operate after the holidays if it's a heel spur. After hiking 377 miles this year, this old senior may have done a bit to much. With my foot taped up like a football player I managed to walk a bit of this flat (boring) Grist Mill trail. With it being Thanksgiving Saturday and seasonally warm out the trails were crowded. I am hoping I can soon put my Santa suit on and be well enough to walk the trails. Ho! Ho! Ho! ( White Beard )

Love doing this trail! I have been twice now. Both times with a dog and once with a baby. Great trail paved and with awesome views and experiences!

Nice place to jog

Beautiful paved trail that runs pararell to train tracks still in use. Very nice ruins to see, an old dam and two really fun suspension bridges to cross

My friend and I started our hike at the Lost Lake parking lot. We started out on Grist Mill Trail. This trail was entirely paved (which was a little boring), but along the way, we spotted little viewing spots of the Patapsco River, tunnels underneath the train tracks, and even a few little tunnel-like passages that while I wouldn't recommend going into, were fascinating to see. At the swinging bridge off of Grist Mill, we crossed onto the Cascade Trail, which was much more rugged. It crossed streams and waterfalls many times and had lots of opportunities to explore the surrounding areas. This hike was only about 5 or 6 miles long but one of my favorites so far.

Easy scenic walk with beautiful views of the river on a wide, flat, paved trail.

Pretty crowded on a Saturday afternoon, especially near the swinging bridge, but overall a lovely, fairly easy hike.

It was Well maintained and nice hike. Went with few friends had an awesome time.