Grist Mill & Patapsco-Thru Trail

Grist Mill & Patapsco-Thru Trail is a 2.5 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Patapsco Woods, Maryland that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

historic site

Super cold out and no better time for a long hike. I only saw people on the Gristmill trail today. If you love hiking alone then go up the Sawmill trail and hike the Santee Thru-trail. Today's hike was 5 miles and I had lunch in the Hilton area. The park was like a ghost town but it was only 27 degrees out. Happy New Year to all my All/Trails friends. My Plantar Fasciitis is much better now. I had my feet 3D mapped for $1,200 Titanium Orthoses which I receive on Jan. 5, so I truly should be good to go for next year. If you see a White Bearded Senior on the trail. Just say Hi. I am always glad to help people out.

Parts of the trail were very crowded and we had to step off the trail a few times to let mountain bikers pass by. The main trail was blazed with spray paint on nearby trees, but trails made by other hikers through the years make it a little difficult to follow in places. A lot of loud music was being played by people lounging at the river which reminded you how close to the city you actually are. Lot of good scenery and shade made the hike otherwise enjoyable.

Wednesday, April 27, 2016