Grist Mill & Patapsco-Thru Trail

Grist Mill & Patapsco-Thru Trail is a 2.5 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Patapsco Woods, Maryland that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

fly fishing

historic site

Today is my first day back on trail since Nov. 4. I have a ligament injure known as Plantar Fasciitis and it's still needs to Heal. Between climbing 250 foot of rock up BearFence Mountain along Skyline Drive or hiking 371 miles, this old senior may have done a little to much. I stayed on the flat Grist Mill with a taped up foot and gave it a little workout. Only saw three people on the trail but a bus load of school kids did show up to do some water sampling. They called me Santa and loved my white beard. If I am better before Xmas I will be hiking with my Red Suit On. Ho! Ho! Ho!

Parts of the trail were very crowded and we had to step off the trail a few times to let mountain bikers pass by. The main trail was blazed with spray paint on nearby trees, but trails made by other hikers through the years make it a little difficult to follow in places. A lot of loud music was being played by people lounging at the river which reminded you how close to the city you actually are. Lot of good scenery and shade made the hike otherwise enjoyable.

Wednesday, April 27, 2016