I'm surprised there aren't more reviews of this. It's a beautiful trail that follows the reservoir and has plenty of spurs to the water for a gorgeous view.

Sam's Grave is the more lightly-trafficked of the two. I'd rate it a moderate, not easy. There are some grassy bits, but for the most part it sticks to the forest, so you have a good chance of seeing wildlife. When it dips toward the water, you get panoramic views of the lake. It's one of the best local trails I've hiked.

Glen Ellen is easier and moderately trafficked. It seems to be popular for runners and bikers in the evenings.One thing to note is that part of it goes right past people's backyards, so it isn't as scenic. I ended up getting back on Sam's Grave instead of completing the loop.

One last thing: The trail-head can be a little hard to find, if you don't know where you're looking. If you park on the side of Seminary Ave with everyone else, you have to cross at the light to get to the path. I definitely wandered around a little!