Green Ash Trail

Green Ash Trail is a 2.9 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Frederick, Maryland that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

fly fishing

Beautiful trail not too many people!! I was able to let my dog off leash to run around. I’m somebody who gets scared of animals but I did not see any on the trail though. Before walking into the trail there was a sign of snakes and black bears so I got nervous but I felt very safe hiking alone with my dog!

This is a local trail for me and I hike it all the time. I found a ten dollar bill on this trail last fall! It's a great trail. I hike it counterclockwise. It does up and down quite a bit but not too steep. Very easy to hike - good for kids. There was a small fire here a few years back and there is evidence of it on the right when you are going up after the split. After that there is a spring with fresh mountain water to fill up your bottle or water your dog. At the top there is a look-out overlooking the north side of Frederick city and Fort Detrick. This portion of the trail runs beside the road - that is why I docked one star. Other than that this is a great trail - especially if you take the Black Trail from the top for the wide loop.

Nice - I like the overlap with the black trail as well. Forgot to record my hike lol.

Being a beginner this trail kicked my butt when doing the steep inclines! I've done other trails marked moderate and this trail was a lot harder than I thought it would be. I was having a good time until those hills! I think I definitely need to lower myself to easy for a bit until I build my stamina!

Nice Hike

nice, good balance between ups and downs. wish there was a river but natural spring was refreshing

canoeing

Is this trail 2.9 miles or 2.0 miles? The trail guide in the parking lot said it was 2 miles. But that would explain why it took me 1 hour and 15 min to hike through. I did the whole loop, moderately challenging, good ups and downs. I just don't like that you have to walk along a road for a portion of the trail. Otherwise I am definitely doing it again!

ok..