Edgemere Haul Road Trail is a 3.2 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Sparrows Point, Maryland that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 3.2 miles Elevation Gain: 75 feet Route Type: Out & Back

wheelchair friendly

stroller friendly

paved

Parking is available at the main entrance of North Point State Park. This out and back trail is a paved UN-used roadbed that cuts through an old Farm that had historic value during the War of 1812. Look for the small Grave Plot of the Shaw family. The trails continues into the wooded area and it ends at North Point Blvd. This trail crosses 3 side streets within the town of Edgemere. If you take a left at the end of the trail you can walk up to a convenience stop called Micky's and get a sub and something to drink. If you need to get something to drink sooner then you could stop at Robbie's Bar. If you are a Mountain biker there are a few trails beginning to be developed in one section of the woods. Look for side trails into the woods after the first street crossover but before the second one. Please beware of traffic when crossing over any of the side streets. The old farm fields are load with deer in the late evening hours. Very little shade on this trail so beware of the heat, bring plenty of water and maybe wear a hat.

I went biking here with my wife and two daughters. A little tricky to find parking at the beginning of the trail (we parked on a side residential street.) The beginning of the ride feels a little sketchy. Once you arrive at north point park, all good. If I had it to do over again, I would skip and just go to north point.

Mon Sep 25 2017

I wasn't able to do the whole road because I had my bulldog with me. We paid $3 to park at North Point State Park, walked to the beginning of this trail, explored the cemetery, and went about a mile further before we turned around. Stretches have no tree cover so it gets really hot. It was a nice alternative to the trails in North Point but I will probably wait for cooler temps before I do it again.

recorded Recording - Jun 03, 4:02 PM